Financial Counselor - Ascension Via Christi - St. Francis Hospital (PRN, Days)
Company: R1 RCM
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Shift Days: Available hours may be Monday-Friday; Shift Hours:
8:00 am-4:30 pm - mostly 8 hours shifts as needed t St Francis and
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle
management services which transform and solve challenges across
health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in
Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees
throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so
providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority
is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each
other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement
a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving
sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows
while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient
The Financial Counselor will be responsible for counseling patients
or parties responsible for payment. The Patient Financial Counselor
will educate patients on their responsibilities and potential
options. The PFC is responsible for accurately and compassionately
explaining to the patient their financial obligations during the
financial counseling session. In addition, the counselor must
obtain any necessary pre-certifications or authorizations and
assist with any financing or third-party applications.
In this role, the successful candidate must display a strong sense
of patient care and attention to detail.
- Explain financial responsibilities for services received,
payment options and collection procedures to patients or parties
responsible for payment.
- Counsel patients regarding insurance benefits and recommend
alternative sources of payment and financial assistance when
- Contact insurance carriers or other sources and act as an
advocate for the patient.
- Initiate process for collecting prepays due and perform follow
up activity to insure maximum collection is achieved.
- Identify hospital, public and private financial assistance
programs for patients unable to meet their financial
- Work with Case Management, Clinical Staff, Medicaid Vendor, and
Family Independence Agency to assist patients and families in
completing assistance program applications and determine
eligibility and coverage.
- Notify manager, physician and servicing department of possible
delay of service for any elective, urgent admissions, procedures
and scheduled diagnostic testing which have not been approved prior
to the date of service.
- Maintain accurate documentation of pre-processing
- Provide assistance to uninsured patients and families in
completing and filing Medicaid or assistance program applications
with the appropriate agency.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma is required
- At least one year of call center experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple systems
- Ability to handle a large volume of incoming calls
- Previous experience as a financial counselor with background in
medical terminology preferred
- Understanding of State and Federal assistance
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office
equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper
requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time
to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers,
patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally
communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information,
alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly
during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and
delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes
frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care,
accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients
and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This
includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including
heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared
expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team
has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions,
collaboration and the freedom to explore professional
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to
innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the
communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of
excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care.
We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive
benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com.
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is committed to the principles of equal
employment opportunity. The Company's practices and employment
decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring,
assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training,
discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is committed
to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the
foregoing protected categories.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the job application process,
please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
Keywords: R1 RCM, Wichita , Financial Counselor - Ascension Via Christi - St. Francis Hospital (PRN, Days), Accounting, Auditing , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!