Accounting EDI Coordinator
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for providing the orderly
processing and payment of all electronic inbound and outbound
documents while maintaining associated systems of internal control.
Works with Envisions base service centers, vendors, customer
service, purchasing, information technology, and accounting staff
to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues. Utilizes critical
thinking skills and applies principles of continuous improvement to
streamline and improve process accuracy. Performs ad hoc special
projects and other accounting duties as assigned. KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of
importance) EDI Duties:
- Serve as key accounting liaison with Amazon and SPS
- Import EDI transactions into Envisions computer systems.
- Review EDI transactions and resolve any discrepancies.
- Identify EDI transactions that cannot be imported, print and
manually process them.
- Work with vendors and base service centers; identify shipments
and invoices with problems or errors.
- Make corrections to problem transactions through MAS 500,
Microsoft AX, OrdersCenter, BigCommerce, Counterpoint, Purchase to
Pay, Vantage Point., and True Commerce.
- Issue weekly unvouchered receiver reports to base service
centers, follow up and ensure corrections are processed in a timely
- Review MAS500, Microsoft AX, OrdersCenter, BigCommerce,
Purchase to Pay, Vantage Point, and True Commerce to ensure that
all information agrees across all systems.
- Analyze system, vendor, and customer processes to identify and
implement improvements in speed, accuracy and information
- Prepare daily reconciliations to the GL of all EDI-related
- Review monthly vendor statements, reconcile EDI vendor
accounts, resolve discrepancies and take steps to eliminate
- Coordinate continuous OrdersCenter and BigCommerce updates with
purchasing, keeping notes as needed on problem resolution and
- Ensure that base service centers have up-to-date notes in
OrdersCenter and BigCommerce.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis of EDI activity, including sales, cost
of sales, order activity, customer activity and balances, etc.
- Daily invoicing, special government invoicing, analysis and
preparation of service invoices, along with associated daily
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review website service revenues and prepare disbursement
requests to clients based on sales revenue.
- Support AR activities related to EDI customers.
- Serve as backup for other AP positions.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: Associates degree in accounting
or related field with four years of payables experience or
equivalent practical experience. BS degree in Accounting or related
field preferred. Experience: Minimum four years of experience with
accounting software required; experience with EDI systems in a
high-volume environment required. Knowledge/Skills:
- General knowledge of accounting policies and practices.
- Knowledge of automated transaction-processing accounting.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet design.
- Organizational and communication skills as required to deal
directly with senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft AX, Counterpoint, and/or Web and EDI
software systems desired.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery
and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing
non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of
others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age,
gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national
origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status,
predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and
any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with
disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Accounting EDI Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!