Accounting Intern - Summer 2024
Posted on: September 15, 2023
ABOUT POET At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the
Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other
valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty
years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to
become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader
in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture,
POET team members enjoy competitive pay and perks including:
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person
mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- Safety and cold weather gear, and more! JOB SUMMARY POET
Biofuels is a global leader in the energy and agricultural space.
We started as a supplier of fuel ethanol, and have grown into a
multi-commodity marketing and transportation company providing
solutions in fuels, grains, and carbon dioxide markets. When we
show up to work at POET Ethanol Products, its our job to meet our
customers needs as efficiently as possible. As an Accounting
Intern, you will have the chance to work directly with some of our
great suppliers and customers of our ethanol, carbon dioxide, and
denaturant. You will also memorialize these interactions in our
general ledger and supporting systems as your work plays an
integral role in maintaining our customer service and cash flow,
while also providing the foundation for building our financial
statements. Sound intimidating? Dont worry. If you are a problem
solver, detail oriented, a good team player, effective communicator
and are looking for an opportunity with a strong, growing company
in an exciting industry, we can provide you all the necessary
training and tools to be successful. :
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- You are working towards a Bachelors degree in Accounting or
Masters in Accounting and your GPA is reflective of the quality of
work you typically do.
- You understand accounting concepts, financial statements, and
have a general understanding of GAAP.
- You communicate effectively. You write well and speak
articulately. You are comfortable communicating in writing and over
- You know the basics of Microsofts Office Suite and are capable
of learning new programs.
- You like helping people. Youre patient and level-headed. You
really enjoy exceeding someone elses expectations.
- You pay attention to the details but also see the big picture.
For you, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every
- You are a learner, not afraid of taking on new things and
stretching yourself. You are not afraid to ask questions, as youre
always looking to improve and help others.
- Since were all about teamwork and getting the job done, your
skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
DURING A TYPICAL DAY
- Generate invoices, review for accuracy, and send to our
- Process purchase invoices for payment and load into accounting
- Reconcile purchase invoices for month-end settlement
- Reconcile provisional price contracts
- Create daily ACH/Wire files
- Assist with vendor maintenance
- Maintain and update process documentation for your job
- Since we are all about teamwork and getting the job done, your
skills may be put to a lot of other uses!
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN POET At POET we believe in developing
our team members to their highest potential and recognizing
contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team
members position and compensation are carefully determined by
considering their unique qualifications and skillset. WORK
- Culture is king at POET. Were all on the same team. We always
communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These arent just
slogans on our walls. Its part of who we are.
- Culture is king at POET. We are all on the same team. We always
communicate. We park our egos at the door. These arent just slogans
on our walls. Its part of who we are.
- We have an open work environment, with no offices. We are all
in this together and we work close together.
- We work hard. We play hard. We have frequent team events, from
bowling to BBQs to charity activities.
- We also expect that everyone will maintain a healthy work-life
balance. Its the best way to optimize health, happiness and
productivity over the long term.
- There is not a lot of physical labor, most of your time in the
office will be at a desk. Your longest walk will typically be to a
meeting or to the break room to help yourself to one of the gourmet
coffeeespresso selections or a piece of fresh fruit. How to Apply
Interested applicants are to complete the online application and
submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they seem to be
well-suited for the opening. www.poet.com/careers If you want to
learn more about us, please visit us at www.poet.com
Keywords: POET, Wichita , Accounting Intern - Summer 2024, Accounting, Auditing , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!