Posted on: March 28, 2020
Position Title: Facilities Technician
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Business Unit: Envision, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled
construction, maintenance, modification and repair activities.
Assists in ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of service, to
include preventive and predictive maintenance, and repair services
in support of Envision's goals and initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of
- Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs on electrical,
mechanical and plumbing systems in Envision's facilities.
- Perform the following:
- Move, set, erect, adjust, dismantle, clean and replace air
condition components, exhaust fans, and air compressors.
- Repair, install, maintain, test and replace electrical and
- Dismantle defective controls and parts and install new or
- Replace, repair, and install plumbing such as air lines, gas
lines, stools, sinks, and floor drains.
- Monitor and participate in operations in assigned sections
including the inspection of projects. Actively participate in the
development and implementation of modifications and improvements in
order to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating
procedures are followed.
- Communicate maintenance and custodial needs to Director of
Facilities as needed. Provide information related to projects
including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing
technical expertise in area of assignment.
- Complete work orders in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Maintain logs and records of equipment maintenance. Complete
required reports and other required documentation as needed.
- Respond to service requests, coordinate resources and implement
the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide
variety of events.
- Use and maintain a wide variety of janitorial equipment and
supplies; communicate with other staff concerning safe operation
and performance of equipment and proper use of chemicals.
- Ability to be flexible in working different shifts as well as
ability to work overtime and weekends, if needed.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. JOB
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Trade
school maintenance certificate preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of previous mechanical and maintenance
experience required, with a strong emphasis in electrical systems,
plumbing systems and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to assess customer satisfaction with responsiveness,
quality of repairs and customer communications while ensuring
prompt, positive action in order to maintain a high level of
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out
instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all
Envision employees as a team.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully, utilizing
root cause analysis in order to troubleshoot and make necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be dependable and flexible with schedule with ability to
work different shifts and overtime if needed.
- Concern for own safety performance and in maintaining a safe
work environment for others.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, working
with a diverse population. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current driver's license and driving record in good standing
- Must maintain a current forklift certification. SUPERVISORY
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __ 0 __
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _ _0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact.
_ _ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery
and/or power tools at or within arm's reach; performing
non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing
_ _ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of
others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_ _ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age,
gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national
origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status,
predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and
any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with
disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency
for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
Keywords: Envision, Wichita , Facilities Technician, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!