Maintenance Technician II
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Position Title: Maintenance Technician II
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Business Unit: Envision Industries
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for the maintenance, repair and rebuilding of
production and packaging equipment for plastic film converting
manufacturer; diagnoses problems, performs repairs, and maintains
machinery and mechanical equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of
- Independently troubleshoot and repair complex manufacturing
equipment that integrates electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and
- Use advanced analytical troubleshooting skills to make in depth
repairs and corrections based on observation of equipment in
operation and product defects.
- Dismantle defective machinery and equipment to gain access to
problem area or to install new or repaired parts and perform major
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or
other problems then repair or replace defective parts.
- Test machines following repairs to ensure good product quality
prior to returning machine to service.
- Facilitate fabrication of suitable replacement or upgraded
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Perform in-depth electrical and mechanical predictive
maintenance inspections, procedures and tasks following
preventative maintenance program guidelines.
- Perform in-depth electrical troubleshooting and repairs on
equipment electrical systems.
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish and repair drive systems and
electronics problems, reprogram drives and PLC's and repair or
replace as applicable.
- Process work requests and other data using computerized
maintenance management system.
- Use equipment manuals to determine parts to be ordered for
- Use independent judgment in determining technical objectives of
- Assist in training lower level or new maintenance technicians.
- Communicate with other personnel concerning operation, safety
and overall performance of equipment and process.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. JOB
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's
degree in industrial maintenance or technical school certificate
preferred; previous first aid and safety coursework desired.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years machine maintenance experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of common industrial equipment, pneumatics,
hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and advanced knowledge of
electrical systems, drives, and PLCs.
- Ability to use diagnostics tools and precision measuring
instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and multi-meters.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of MicroSoft Office
- Previous training on Lock Out / Tag Out procedures and
- Flexibility to work different shifts and/or overtime as
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment and with
- Must be self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and
possess ability to work efficiently with minimal direction.
Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain a current forklift
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _ 0 __
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _ 0 __
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_ X _ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery
and/or power tools at or within arm's reach; performing
non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of
others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_ X _ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment
such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age,
gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national
origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status,
predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and
any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with
disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency
for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
Keywords: Envision, Wichita , Maintenance Technician II, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!