Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:EXPLEO USA is looking for a Tooling Engineer to join a
dynamic and expanding team in the Wichita, KS, USA.The tooling
engineer's responsibilities include enhancing existing designs and
developing new ones, preparing blueprints for mechanical parts, and
providing technical support to clients. You should be able to
collaborate with other engineers and manufacturing staff.To be
successful as a tooling engineer, you should demonstrate superb
attention to detail and be able to manage your time efficiently.
Outstanding tooling engineers should be deadline-driven,
meticulous, and consistently produce high-quality
- Using CAD or AutoCAD design tools (Catia, Solidworks, other) to
create new and analyze existing tooling designs and improve on
- Creates and articulates accurate detailed instructions and
media for the fabrication of detail and assembly tooling.
- Produces tool layouts and oversees the fabrication and
verification of tool deliverables.
- Developing blueprints for new tooling designs as per client or
- Applies engineering principles and technical knowledge to the
design and support of airplane manufacturing tools (e.g., access
equipment and structures, handling and transportation, test
equipment, gauges, assembly jigs, drill equipment, etc.)
- Sharing designs with colleagues and implementing any relevant
feedback in the new designs.
- Developing prototypes and testing new designs.
- Traveling to manufacturing plants and factories to gather
information and liaise with manufacturing and design teams.
- Resolves concerns arising during the fabrication process and
maintenance disposition, requiring such engineering principles as
stress analysis, mechanics of materials.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a relevant discipline.
- A master's degree is preferable.
- 3-5 years' experience in an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of fabrication, assembly and integration of
structures and tooling concepts.
- Aerospace experience
- Automation Technology experience
- Hands-on working knowledge of CATIA and SAP experience
- Shop floor / Machine shop / Fabrication support
experienceExpleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated
engineering, production support, MRO, and quality services, with a
presence in over 30 countries. To find out more, visit
www.expleogroup.comBenefits:We offer:A professional and dynamic
work settingCutting edge industrial projects that will advance your
Keywords: Expleo, Wichita , Tooling Engineer, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!