Aerospace Structure Repair Engineer
Company: Can-Am Consultants, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
****THIS IS AN OPEN ENDED CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT****Location:
Wichita, KS Structure Repair Engineer (Contract)Primary
Responsibilities:Daily repair queries management
- Customer facing role, analyzing customer's queries related to
structural damages and substantiate the repair query for efficient
treatment by relevant internal contributors.
- Provide answers to customers' daily repair queries related to
design and documentation in liaison with internal design
- Acting as project manager within company to coordinate internal
resource as efficiently as possible to align with customer
- Maintain a strong interaction with the Repair Solutions team in
- Adhere to the 'Follow the Sun' working principles, and follow
the processes in place for the Repair Solutions activity
- Liaise with internal Engineering resources to ensure requested
repair definitions and justifications are provided on time with the
required level of quality.
- Collaborate and liaise closely with Spares/Satair to ensure
that all repair solutions take into account the availability of
parts for each repair.
- Initiate updating of structure repair documentation with the
SRM (Structural Repair manual) organization.
- Ensure information flow to and from operators for repair
- Ensure transfer of in-service experience and maintenance
activities to management, to other divisions of Customer Services
and design organization including vendors.
- Extensive use of the TechRequest tool for keeping records of
technical queries, answers and exchanges with all involved
- Participate to the Daily Operational Meeting and report any
topic that becomes critical or requires escalation.
- Liaise closely with Customer Support directors and the Field
service community to ensure alignment on sensitive topics.
- Adhere to agreed internal quality guidelines.
- Identify and follow up on damages related to potentially safety
critical items.On-site assistance and Support to Major Repair
- Assist operators on-site for structural damage evaluation or
repair work performance, if required.
- Identify subjects that may require a complex repair or
modification assistance and ensure a smooth transfer to Major
Repair team for follow-up.Customer experience enhancement and
Repair Solutions marketing
- Organize a monthly review (Webex) with the N.A operator under
- Participate to customer visits and regular business review, and
be the Voice of Repair Solutions
- Strengthen the relationship with customers and other US-based
business entities for the repair activities, and capitalize on
every opportunity to promote the repair Solutions activity to
internal and external customers.Qualified Experience / Skills /
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and bill of
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation
(SRM, SB, IPC...)
- Knowledge of maintenance repair practices, equipment and ways
of working is a plus
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to teams
and business partners worldwide.
- Ability to present and discuss at Management and Working level
within company and at Customers in case of reporting / escalation /
- Strong conflict resolution skills in front of customer
- Proven high motivation and flexibility to work in a highly
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work with
multidisciplinary teams in various locations
- Autonomous, ability to take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Present a professional appearance as generally accepted in the
business and aerospace environment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a
diverse international workforce.
- Flexibility to be available on very short notice for travel
worldwide.Unique Position Details:
- Close collaboration with Technical AOG Centre (AIRTAC) to
ensure a continuous follow up of highly sensitive and financially
- Support customers occasionally at their home base to address
more complex repair issues;
- Specific shift pattern during weekdays and week-end/public
- Answers to customer written queries: about 500 per year
- Repairs files about 200 per year
- Manage technical assistance on-site with the customer: about
1-2 per year
- Week-end coverage, potentially 1 week-end per month
- Yearly travel days: about 10 to 20 Education/ Special
- Qualified engineer with 5 years experience in an
airline/OEM/MRO environment, with knowledge of aircraft structure
(design, fatigue, materials...)
- General technical and practical education in Aviation: Bachelor
of Science/Engineering (BSc/BEng) degree or equivalent.
Keywords: Can-Am Consultants, Inc., Wichita , Aerospace Structure Repair Engineer, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!