Fiber Technician I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*Primary Location: *901 S George Washington Blvd, Wichita, KS,
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *No
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *218154
* IMPORTANT: 1 position must sit in the Wichita, KS office and the
other position must sit in the Topeka, KS office .*
The* Fiber Technician I *is responsible for the integrity of the
fiber system and network infrastructure from transmitter to
subscriber point of service connection according to the Federal and
Company specifications including splicing, servicing, repairing and
maintaining the Cox Communications Optical Fiber Network.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
* Provides maintenance for the fiber system by performing Quality
Control assessment of enclosures to verify high levels of accuracy
on all fiber assignments and labeling of fiber trays for 100%
accuracy. Evaluates fiber optics system constructed internally or
by outside contractor using Cox Communications Fiber Optic Cable
Construction Standards and logs/reports discrepancies for potential
* Maintains a high level of accuracy on all fiber splice
assignments worked by performing pre-checks to verify traffic and
accurate labeling to maintain fiber birth assignments with 100%
* Responds to system outage by diagnosing and repairing fiber
system damages utilizing established restoration techniques &
* Uses approved industry test procedures for path losses and
continuity to ensure integrity of fiber system and documents
* Uses proper safety equipment and procedures according to Cox
Communications established standards.
* Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on daily by
inspecting vehicle and equipment. Reports needed repairs to
immediate supervisor using appropriate reporting procedures.
* Provides technical support for the Maintenance and MTC
departments as needed.
* Accurately completes all departmental logs, reports and paperwork
on a daily basis.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
subscribers, the general public, co-workers, contractors, and other
* HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
* 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field (Fusion
splicing, Field Service, Construction in Telecommunication Field,
Field Network/Maintenance, CATV fiber and/or RF experience).
* Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Adobe Writer. Ability to accurately read maps, blueprints and
evaluate technical data.
* Excellent collaborative, time management, communication, problem
solving, and organizational skills to work effectively with teams
* Ability to drive and operate a bucket truck.
* Ability to drive and pull a trailer.
* Ability to climb and work off of various lengths of extension
* Valid local Drivers License with driving record that meets Cox
* Preferred certification in Fiber Optic plant construction.
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired
* Must be able to work mandatory on-call shift and be avaialable
around the clock for outages and or scheduled maintenance.
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Wichita , Fiber Technician I, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!