Field Service Engineer, Food and Packaging Technology
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are seeking a hands-on, technology savvy Field Service
Engineer to lead new automated capital equipment installations,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and system upgrades of high-end food
packaging equipment systems at a variety of food manufacturing
locations throughout North America. This role includes end-to-end
project management responsibilities for coordination with OEM
suppliers, project planning, installation, startup, customer
integration, and ongoing service/support of advanced automated
packaging equipment. Occasional global travel may be required to
collaborate with international suppliers. Spanish, German, or Dutch
language skills are a plus, but not required. You will operate from
a home office anywhere in the US, but must be comfortable with up
to 75% overnight travel.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Manage variety of automated packaging equipment projects on
schedule and within budget.
- Maintain organization of the project scope of supply to ensure
deliverables meet customer expectations through internal and
external customer meetings.
- Establish and implement best practices for equipment system
installations and maintenance SOPs.
- Ensure proper implementation of all software and hardware
changes necessitated by product changes, new machines or
- Provide onsite system training for plant maintenance and
- Assist Sales and Product Development teams in acquiring new
projects and service contracts.
- Collaborate engineering team on design modifications.
- Travel to food manufacturing plants and remain onsite for up to
1-3 weeks at a time to support equipment commissioning process.
- Associates degree or higher in Electro-mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineer or related technical field
- 3-5+ years' experience with electro-mechanical equipment
installation, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and/or
field service and repair of automated capital equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and program PLS and PLC systems is
required; experience with Allen Bradley or Elau-Schneider Electric
is a plus.
- Knowledge or exposure to AutoCAD software is a plus.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Expertise in organizing information, analyzing it, and applying
effective problem solving and installation planning
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% overnight,
including occasional international travel.
- High competency and proficiency with MS Office products.
- Bi-lingual language skills with German is a plus.
- Valid passport and driver's license with good driving record.
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary
commensurate with experience, variable bonus incentives, and a
comprehensive benefits package. The candidate may live anywhere in
the US. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Wichita , Field Service Engineer, Food and Packaging Technology, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!