Process Controls Engineer
Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC and its affiliates
are a global provider of value-added solutions for the agriculture,
turf and ornamental, energy and chemical markets. We are a wholly
owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. We make things grow
better with plant nutrient and biological technologies. See the
latest ways we're creating value for our customers and doing more
with less at kochagenergy.com.Koch Ag & Energy Solutions is looking
for a Process Control Engineer to join our corporate Operations
Excellence capability! The preferred location for the role will be
in our corporate office in Wichita, KS. In this high value role,
the successful candidate will drive safe, reliable, and efficient
deployment of state-based and procedural automation efforts of the
company's fleet of chemical facilities. Travel is 25% with up to
50% travel during critical events.Travel is flexible depending on
needs at the business/site and is largely controlled by the
individual.Regular schedule will be a flexible 8-hour day, Monday
through Friday. This role is eligible for relocation and sign on
incentives. What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own State-Based Automation Program including full lifecycle and
- Leverage production site and corporate resources to develop
state-based control and automaton framework.
- Lead site teams to develop technical scope of work for site and
unit specific portions of their state-based controls and procedural
- Drive effective schedule development - ensuring that team
responsibilities and phase deliverables are clear and well
- Direct and guide the engineering contractor's process control
and automation teams to ensure they understand all scope
requirements and deliverables.
- Assist in development of automated operating procedures, state
tables and transition tables.
- Assist in development of process control narratives and
cause-and-effect sheets - ensuring good control design practice and
adherence to best engineering practices.
- Act as SME for the control system and automation improvements
and ensure control loop design is clear and follows good process
control theory and practice.
- Work closely with Koch network of companies and 3rd parties to
leverage existing knowledge and implement improvements.
- Interface with IT/OT, technology, and service providers to
ensure that software and equipment availability meet
- Interface with process engineers to ensure that automation
initiatives deliver expected process improvements and meet
- Interface with instrument engineers to ensure that instruments
will meet control systems performance requirements.
- Partner with multiple disciplines including operations and
engineering to improve capability in process control and plant
- Coordinate all necessary training and fleet knowledge share
forums to achieve successful program implementation.
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing, start up, and commissioning
activities for each project. The Experience You Will
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or comparable experience in a
Chemical Plant environment
- Experience in an instrumentation, process, or control systems
- Experience with process control and automation
- Experience with process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC,
etc.) What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with DCS and SIS hardware and software (Yokogawa or
- Previous experience with state-based control and procedural
- Experience with Yokogawa Exapilot or other state-based
- Previous experience with ground-up initiative roll-out and
- Previous experience in an entrepreneurial/start-up
- Hands on experience working with the process controls at
multiple sites, supporting design and implementation Our goal is
for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and
healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build
and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing
on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our
benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending
and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability,
retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may
also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and
adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the
applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and
benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on
what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter. At Koch
companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the
status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our
individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a
role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual
amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering
each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic
location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter
about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected
veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of
employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Wichita , Process Controls Engineer, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...