Company: SCS Engineers
Posted on: August 14, 2019
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and
contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable
environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and
hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental
due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site
remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for
businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air,
water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and
together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm
of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a
friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging
work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place
for you. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
SCS Engineers is seeking a mid-level engineer in our Wichita, KS
office to perform various activities related to environmental
consulting. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and
self-motivated, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the
desire to grow and develop professionally. This successful
candidate for this position will be involved in managing projects,
developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public
and private clients in performing engineering work, marketing,
client management, project production, and related issues in the
Kansas and Midwest market and will contribute to projects and
proposals, in other states as well. Responsibilities include
technical project work, management of small and medium-size
projects, business development, and staff training and
development.Project work will be primarily for solid waste
management projects, including landfill gas, landfill, composting,
environmental remediation and other projects, which may require
design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and
scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas
and related fields.
- Prepares engineering calculations, drawings, reports, permit
applications and date presentation on a regular basis for clients
both internal and external.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific
problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to
resolve important questions, and plans and coordinates work.
- The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work
usually results from progressive work experience.
- Management Track
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and
manages a large and important engineering or scientific project or
a number of solid waste or landfill gas oriented projects with
- Management of projects should include lead technical person,
client contact, scheduling of personnel, and other management
duties such as projecting manpower requirements, billing
projections, invoicing, and accounts receivable management.
- Normally will have significant administrative, supervisory,
technical project planning and business development
- Technical Track
- As an individual researcher or worker, carries out complex or
novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved
techniques and procedures.
- Will prepare articles for publication and may be involved in
presenting papers at conferences.
- For either track the senior professional shall guide,
coordinate, and review work of engineers, scientists, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil
Engineering or related Engineering discipline required.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant civil and/or environmental experience
required. Experience in the solid waste industry is preferred.
- An engineering background with experience in grading plans,
drainage control, field quality assurance, report writing and
knowledge of environmental regulations is preferred.
- Experience in client management, solid waste facility design,
and/or environmental permitting is a plus.
- Engineer in Training or Registered Professional Engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient with MS-Office, MS-Excel, AutoCad, and HydroCad,
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic
direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with
responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer
excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive
compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K,
ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or
you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact
us about your interest in employment at
Keywords: SCS Engineers, Wichita , Mid-Level Engineer, Engineering , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!