Midwest Wind and Solar Regional Manager
Company: Engie North America
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Manage and support operations for multiple solar and wind
generation sites. Includes taking the new sites from construction
to commercial operations as well as managing the day-to-day
operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the
sites in line with corporate strategy and objectives while ensuring
and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment on the
Head of US Renewable Generation
Solomon Forks Wind Site, Colby Kansas
Salaried - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- P&L responsibility for Regional Performance
- Manage, develop and assess project operational budgets
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, and
commissioning of wind farm and solar projects.
- Supervise site personnel including subcontractors and
consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications,
budgets, schedule and corporate policies.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal
and administrative functions of the site and for achieving company
and group activities.
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with: federal,
state, and local regulations as well as environmental requirements;
company policies and procedures; company's annual operations plan;
legal and contractual requirements; and good wind industry
practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the facility's'
- Carries out all responsibilities under environmental
legislation; develops and ensures adherence to proper procedures to
prevent environmental spills; monitors, records, any
non-compliances, and environmental spills; ensures proper training
of personnel on transportation of dangerous goods; promotes
awareness for the environment and the requirements of environmental
compliance. Develops and utilizes a sites' Environmental Management
- Approves, or as required submits for approval, documents and
procedures that will be used on the sites.
- Utilizes a computer-based automated maintenance management
system to: organize equipment commissioning, operations and
maintenance files; to identify trends; to take corrective action;
and to maintain equipment performance by maximizing plant capacity
factor, availability, performance and efficiency.
- Manages a safety program that complies with all Federal and
State requirements ensuring the safe operation of the site
regarding the public, employees and equipment.
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and
safety programs consistent with the ENGIE Health and Safety
Principles and 9 Life Saving Rules.
- Appoints in writing a sites safety representative to administer
the safety program.
- Monitors activities of the Plant Safety Committee and ensures
- Cooperates with Loss Control/Safety Consultants from property
and casualty insurance carriers and responds to their
recommendations in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with and promptly reports all losses and claims to
the corporate Risk Manager.
- Prepares and is responsible for the execution of emergency
- Sets objectives for his/her team; manages site personnel in the
proper performance of assigned duties and maintains a record of
their performance through regular, formal evaluations; and makes
recommendations for their merit increases and incentive pay.
- Oversees training to enhance site employees' technical
knowledge in the safe operation and maintenance of the facility and
its capital equipment as well as employee professional
- Ensures that employee policies and procedures are followed by
all sites' personnel; ensures that the manual has been distributed
to all employees and that the policies outlined within are
reasonably understood by all staff members.
- Ensures fair implementation of complaint procedures.
Administers appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and
consistent manner, supported by clear, concise and thorough
documentation of events and actions resulting in the need for
- Provides/coordinates relief for operations and/or maintenance
supervisor as needed.
- Communicates regularly with ENGIE company representatives (Head
of Renewable Generation, Asset Management, Engineering, Regulatory
Compliance & Human Resources and Construction Management) for
exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals.
- Maintains open communications with Global Energy Management
(GEM) 24-hour desk operations. Ensures changes in plants status are
communicated immediately to these individuals.
- Maintains good relations with landowners, suppliers, customers,
vendors, service providers, governmental authorities, and
- Is personally involved and takes innovative actions to ensure
good public and community relations on behalf of the facility and
- Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance
of the facilities. Ensure compliance with Purchase Power
Agreements, WTG and Solar OEM service agreements and Partnership
O&M and Asset Management Agreements with emphasis on optimizing
assets and minimizing penalties while ensuring safety of personnel
- Ensures prompt, timely and accurate reporting as required by
company policies and procedures and other governmental and
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for
operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and
approval for variances including sites' outages (compliant with
dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate
facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
- Monitors budget variances on a regular basis and
prepares/monitors long term budget forecasts. Provides monthly
variances reports on a timely manner.
- Follows up, assisted by the Asset Management Group, with the
proper execution of commercial contracts and assists in bringing
solutions to any disagreement that may arise.
- Direct reports include site administrator, operations managers,
area engineer and wind and solar technicians. Acts as a team member
with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgments
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning,
budgeting, inventory control and database handling
- Must be able to certify, as required to state and federal
agencies, compliance with permits and regulations as the authorized
agent for the company
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read
and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a
confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes
and the like) as required
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at
various heights and in adverse conditions during operations,
shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment
(PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators,
fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test
- Could involve some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ABET accredited) plus five
(5) years' experience in a related industry; or technical
diploma/high school diploma and ten (10) years' experience in a
related industry. Must demonstrate a strong technical and
- Two (2) years previous experience in supervision of technical,
operating or maintenance personnel
- In-depth knowledge of wind power generating equipment and
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon
transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is
more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy!
ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create
the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status
under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
- Posting Date: Mar 30, 2020
Keywords: Engie North America, Wichita , Midwest Wind and Solar Regional Manager, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!