PRESIDENT - Wichita Independent Business Association (WIBA)
Company: Specialists Group LLC, The
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job Code: TSGW6094 Job Title: PRESIDENT - Wichita Independent
Business Association (WIBA) Job Category: Non-Profit Salary Range:
DOE Location: WICHITA Local Location: WICHITA Education
Requirements: Bachelor`s Degree, MBA or higher. Job
We are seeking a seasoned, energetic, and vibrant executive to
serve as President of our organization.
The Wichita Independent Business Association (WIBA) is an
organization that connects people, provides expertise,
opportunities, and an influential voice to help businesses thrive.
WIBA has a long tradition of civic participation in the growth of
businesses in the Wichita area and surrounding communities. Looking
ahead, we are excited to continue our efforts to help lead the
Wichita business community through transformational leadership
using programming and events that inspire innovation, creativity,
economic growth and sharing ideas and resources, member to member.
The next President of WIBA will be expected to uphold these values
to best serve the interests of WIBA members, stakeholders, and the
The President of WIBA serves as the chief executive of this
nonprofit. In this role you will have active management of the
affairs of the Association including Administration, Staff
Management and Development, Financial, Membership, and Governmental
Affairs. You will recommend and participate in the formulation of
new policies and makes decisions within existing policies as
approved by the Board of Directors. This is a full time direct hire
KEY ELEMENTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Official voice and representative of the association in the
Wichita business community.
- Manages and supervises all staff personnel. Responsible for the
effective performance and development of the staff, which is in the
best interest of achieving the goals of the Association.
- Maintains the financial management issues of the Association
including planning, purchasing, receipts, disbursements, reports,
- Develops and recommends an annual budget for consideration and
approval by the Board of Directors. Upon budget approval, operates
within the adopted budget.
- Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of
the Association are appropriately administered, maintained, and
- Develops specific policies, procedures, and programs to
implement the general policies established by the Board of
- Fully informs the Executive Committee and the Board of
Directors concerning the conditions and operations of the
Association and on all significant factors pertaining to the
- Serves as primary liaison between the Board of Directors and
the City of Wichita for the Business Growth Initiative.
- Monitors and reports all legislative and political activities
and issues which may impact the interests of the Association and
its members, assisting the Government Affairs Committee as
- Manages and directs staff to ensure the effectiveness of the
- Attends meetings and hearings of interest to the membership and
assists members who attend.
- Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to committee
chairs and committees to enable them to properly perform their
- Maintains official minutes of the Executive Committee and other
official meetings of the Association.
- Plans, promotes, and facilitates all official meetings of the
- Promotes interest and active participation in the Associations
- Maintains membership records and administers dues and all other
Job Requirements: SKILLS SET REQUIRED:
- Self-motivated with creativity and a passion to drive the
- Charismatic and transformational leadership style.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Relationship and coalition building acumen.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Management of business and financial resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
CAREER & EDUCATIONAL ELEMENTS:
- A minimum of five (5) years of business leadership or ownership
- Active local community involvement with a far-reaching business
network of contacts and acquaintances is strongly
- Non-profit management experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA or higher preferred OR
Equivalent Years of Relevant Experience.
CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION PROCESS
Please apply for this position as follows:
- Single page cover letter explaining how you would excel in this
- Detailed resume in a pdf document attachment.
- References to include three professional and two personal, or
- Your salary expectations.
- Reply to THIS EMAIL .
Keywords: Specialists Group LLC, The, Wichita , PRESIDENT - Wichita Independent Business Association (WIBA), Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!