Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Manufacturing Engineering Manager (21000061)
Job Description Manufacturing Engineering Manager - ( 21000061 )
Primary Location Description VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year
history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and
address our customer's most pressing business issues. We make
equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy,
certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those
for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data
centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film
optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light
management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics,
automotive, defense and instrumentation markets. We are the people
behind the products that help keep the world connected - at home,
school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees
are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people
who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to
collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our
customers. Context / Position Summary
- Manufacturing Engineering manager to lead the New Product and
Sustaining Engineering team for the AvComm BU in Wichita
- Accountable for the Development and Support of manufacturing
process tied to the Radio Test and Avionics Product
- Subsequently you will be accountable for Internal Manufacturing
and Customer facing product quality performance.
- Influencing the R&D organization through the Product
Development Process, specifically through DFx input and Sustaining
Engineering to meet Operational, Cost, Quality and Delivery
- In addition to this you will have significant influence at our
CM to define manufacturing processes, to reduce manufacturing cost,
and to improve product yields and quality.
- This position requires a highly motivated leader who has
experience in Product Engineering, NPI, outsourced manufacturing,
people and business management.
- Proven experience in leading HW and SW engineering teams. Role
- NPI - Brings the manufacturing strategy to NPI project, defines
the project manufacturing requirements.
- Development of the Manufacturing Process tied to all NPI.
- Ensures DFx and FAsT criteria and limitations are accounted for
in product design reviews.
- Ensures that new products are reliable, manufacturable and
supportable from the outset - meeting company quality goals - DFX
- Ensures that sufficient test capabilities are included in the
product or its software - DFx process
- Assesses risk imposed by new components, manufacturing
processes, and change of business processes. Coordinates or perform
- Acts as a conduit to the Internal Viavi and CM and key
component vendors or subcontractors, ensure R&D uses components
aligned to organization's supply chain strategies - DF Supply
- Works with Viavi Operations and CM to create Test and Assembly
- Mature Manufacturing
- Accountable for Managing the AFR, IDE and Manufacturing Yield
- Create and drive the quality system between Wichita and CM that
will control the quality of our products within business
- Provide the Engineering leadership to support AvComm NPI team
and CM Support Engineers.
- Support Supply Chain Mgt cost reduction efforts. Coordinates or
perform validation activities
- Customer Escalation Management - Owner of Root Cause Analysis
and Corrective Action.
- Liaise with the field on customer quality issues (FYR and
- Understand the issues seen by the customer and channel the
information into Division and CM.
- Manage the CM and Business to drive the root cause analysis and
corrective action. Qualifications Metrics :
- NPI - Cost, quality, delivery as described in Product
- Product Quality - IDE, AFR, Manufacturing Yield, PCA repair
- Process Efficiency - Test Time, Cycle Time, Test Repeatability
- Test Development - Commonality of Test Environment, Cost,
CAPEX, Postponed product configuration to FGI, Test Time / Cycle
Time Qualifications/Experience :
- Electronic or Telecommunications Degree
- Test & Product Engineering Leadership Role - 10 years'
- New Product Introduction - Has at least 6 years' experience in
New Product Introduction of HW and SW products.
- Technical Domain knowledge - Can clearly communicate at an
engineering level with R&D, Marketing and CM Engineering
- Manufacturing Experience - Has operated in a Manufacturing
environment and can demonstrate excellent engineering
- Continual Process Improvement - Has a proven record of Managing
and driving CPI activities with direct and remote teams.
- Experienced in Third Party Management / Project Management
skills - Experience of successfully managing the relationship with
a third party organisation and communicating across all levels of
- Program Management - 5 years' experience in leading Business
Group programs If you have what it takes to push boundaries and
seize opportunities, apply to join our team today. VIAVI Solutions
is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer -
minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Wichita , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!