Customer Service Manager
Company: First Student
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Customer Service Manager First things First: Who are we? Twice the
size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services including full-service
transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route
optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for
1,100 school district contracts. The Customer Service Manager
interacts with customers to provide and process information in
response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services. Major
- Deals directly with customers either by telephone,
electronically, or face-to-face.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Resolves customer complaints and puts measures in place to
- Assists with administrative tasks including but not limited to
accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and scheduling
- Identifies and escalates priority issues, takes corrective
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle
investigations and complaints.
- Directs requests and unresolved issues to the designated
- Follows up with customer calls where necessary.
- Records details of inquiries, comments, and complaints.
- Interfaces with customers in the field to engage the
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments to
create efficient operations.
- Interfaces with the client to convey challenges and successes.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices,
transportation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, Trapeze
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word
- Sound business judgement.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written along with
- Proven ability to meet goals.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Adaptability within a fast paced environment.
- Stress tolerance. First for a Reason Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We
believe in promoting from within which means tremendous
opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North
America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program
prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as
safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment,
and job efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Community Service & Impact Go
where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart
of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit
and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a
positive impact on others. About First America First America is the
largest passenger transportation company in North America, we
provide passenger transport and maintenance services to
municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S.
and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in
Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200
locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Student! We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Wichita , Customer Service Manager, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!