Relationship Manager (55k - 65k)
Company: KAR Global
Posted on: September 24, 2022
This position is required to be on-site at our Wichita location,
4838 S. Broadway Ste 610, Wichita, KS 67216 What we offer:With our
people-first culture, AFC believes in creating an environment where
team members look forward to work each day. AFC is committed to
helping each team member develop their career path with cross-team
and cross-company development opportunities. We offer:
- Employee focused approach
- 55k - 65k annually
- Strong Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
- Front Loaded Vacation, Personal, and Sick Paid Time Off
- 401(k) w. Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with Health Savings
Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Holiday Pay
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability, life, and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchasing ProgramWho we are:For more than 30
years, we've been committed to making dreams come true for
independent car dealers. AFC's finance solutions provide liquidity
to more than 12,000 independent dealerships across North America
freeing up cash flow to give them more time to focus on building
their business. Our solutions amplify dealers' purchasing power so
they can stock their dealership lot with vehicles their customers
seek.With our people-first culture, AFC believes in creating an
environment where team members look forward to work each day. AFC
is committed to helping each team member develop their own career
dream. With cross-team and cross-KAR company development
opportunities, team members are able to pursue any position of
interest.We're looking for:AFC is seeking a relationship builder
who will enthusiastically develop their team and lead efforts to
help shape the future of AFC and how we provide financial services
to our customers. The Relationship Manager does this by building
new customer relationships, expanding existing customer
relationships and driving greater penetration of AFC's financial
products. Portfolio management, consistent execution of AFC's
growth goals, change management, team member development, risk
management, loss prevention, and expense control are core job
functions. The Relationship Manager will develop the strategy for
servicing and growing the portfolio and be responsible for
operational efficiencies. This person will have a strong
understanding of portfolio management, risk, and new business
development. This person will spend approximately 60% of their time
on new business development, 30% on people development, and 10% on
servicing customers.Your impact:As the Relationship Manager you'll:
- Use leadership, management and business development skills,
creativity, and available resources to ensure proper account
servicing while achieving growth and delinquency goals.
- Cultivate new business relationships and manage customer
acquisition. The Relationship Manager will spend a majority of
their time in the field visiting current and prospective
- Engage with customers to help them manage and grow their
business by providing industry leading knowledge.
- Understand local area, and individual customer operations to
forecast opportunities and challenges.
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with
customers by staying up to date on industry trends.
- Promote AFC's vision by leading prospecting, growth and robust
development of the portfolio. The Relationship Manager will also
assist in promotional efforts to new and existing accounts and
execution of product campaigns.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders and external
partners to provide strong lead generation for both groups.
- Coach and develop your team in all facets of portfolio
management to include data analysis, risk mitigation, and business
- Engage in consistent meetings with your team to ensure
alignment on branch goals and strategy.
- Assess and develop your team including coaching, mentoring,
managing team member relations, and building strong development
- Recruit, onboard, train and educate members of the team.
- Effectively manage your team and portfolio virtually and/or
- Effectively promote other KAR businesses' products and service
- Develop proficiency in AFC policies and procedures relative to
the business development, loan processing, collections, expense
control, and staff development.
- Use strong critical thinking skills to assess business and risk
situations and make decisions.
- Analyze data to determine the best courses of action for
business development opportunities and risk mitigation measures
using reporting tools like Salesforce and Tableau.
- Effectively lead your team through change and be comfortable
with change management.
- Work across major functional areas such as Credit, Contracting,
Collections, Training and Operations teams to drive portfolio
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison for corporate
divisions and departments such as Compliance, Operations, Training,
Finance, etc. to ensure team members respond to and complete
initiatives and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Understand and operate within compliance of all applicable laws
and codes for the assigned geographic area.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.Background qualifications:
- Six (6) or more years of relevant experience is required.
- The qualified candidate will have experience managing a team as
well as building sales relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in automotive, financial services or
related industry is preferred.
- The qualified candidate will have a basic understanding of
financial statements as well as a passion to lead people, projects,
- Some Relationship Managers will manage multiple locations.
- This person will demonstrate the ability to elevate
relationships through strong leadership and communication
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is strongly preferred.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) tool familiarity is a
- A valid driver's license is required.Working with the best in
the industry:AFC is proud to be a subsidiary of KAR Global. AFC's
core business complements the other business units within the KAR
Global group of companies, TradeRev auction platform, BacklotCars
auction platform, PAR North America, High Tech Locksmiths and many
more. This diversity allows KAR Global to provide a full spectrum
of services - from whole car auction to financing, remarketing,
technology, and inspection/repair services.For more information
about KAR Global and its affiliated companies, visit .
Keywords: KAR Global, Wichita , Relationship Manager (55k - 65k), Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!