Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Location: Opportunity - Wichita, KS
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Directs and manages overall daily operations of a unit under the
control of the organization with the primary concern for a
comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery,
supervision and training of staff (direct and indirect reports),
personnel issues, community relations, volunteers, and membership
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish Unit programs, activities and services that prepare
youth for success and that create a club environment that
facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities,
equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Act professionally at all times with all staff, members, and
Program Development and Implementation
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and
ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address
their gender and cultural diversity.
- Program evaluations will consist of pulse checks to obtain
member feedback for specific programs and overall Club experience,
as well as, utilizing BGCAs program quality assessments tool.
- Ensure appropriate staff are completing and submitting assigned
grant reports by specified deadlines.
- Assist in determining program specific outcomes and
- Report program outcomes and statistics to organizational
- Ensure productive and effective performance of all program
- Monitor and evaluate individual performance of program staff,
give appropriate feedback and implement proper adjustment
strategies as needed.
- Provides all program staff with necessary guidance to create
and maintain a vibrant, organized business atmosphere.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including
activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation
figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Assists with site specific hiring and organization hiring upon
request, as well as, assist with training site specific staff and
organization new hires as requested. Provides ongoing supervision
of program staff and ensures a positive and dynamic relationship
between all program staff and Club members.
- Conduct effective regular team meetings and important
information is dispersed to appropriate staff, volunteers and
- Provide staff ongoing training to ensure full and proper
implementation of the Formula for Impact (FFI) BGCA National
- Ensure all planned programming activities fall within the FFI
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Units overall programs,
services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives,
member needs and interests.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance
and participation as requested.
- Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of
annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities
for unit staff. Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the
visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and
Principles of Community
- Adhere to the Clubs values of:
- Committed to Fun, Growth, and Safety
- Loyal to Our Members and Families
- United by Our Diverse Community
- Bound by Integrity, Respect, and Equity
- We are the Club!
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all
- Oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of
the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the
implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize
guidance and discipline plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional
staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program
objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive
information. Has regular contact with members as needed to
discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups,
schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving
problems and to publicize the Club.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or
- A minimum of five-years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club
or similar organization planning and supervising activities based
on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities
management, and the recruitment and retention of key
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and
- Adept at working well with team members.
- Preferred experience with working with CACFP program.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The successful candidate must be able to use a variety of
janitorial / office equipment including vacuum cleaner, computer,
telephone, and / or other equipment. S/he may be required to lift
supplies, materials, and collateral materials weighing up to 50
pounds. S/he will be required to be on their feet the majority of
Keywords: Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas, Wichita , Unit Director, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!