Outside Account Manager
Company: AMERICAN TIRE
Posted on: June 15, 2019
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure
to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your
people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join
our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier
tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network
provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada
with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom
wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:Develop and grow assigned accounts/territory
and new accounts to achieve sales plan as required to support the
strategic growth of the Company. Ability to think innovatively, be
able to identify and act on ideas which further the Company's
strategic goals and business plan. The Outside Account Manager will
possess strong presentation and communication skills. Must be able
to facilitate the execution of a well thought out business plan,
understand profit and loss calculations.Primary Responsibilities:in
- Achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by GM, RVP
and the company
- Analyze and document assigned customer's needs and create
benefit solutions for account that will maximize the accounts'
- Develop and maintain existing customers by developing and
implementing an annual sales and marketing plan
- Maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (primarily
personal visits and some telephone calls)
- Develop and champion corporate image and reputation and protect
and develop the company brand, identify, develop and grow new
business to attain budget and implement sales and marketing
strategy as set forth by the company, to assist in development of
all distribution channels deemed necessary for the continual growth
of the company, including Car Dealers.
- Maintain administration and relevant reporting and planning
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing),
policies and merchandising information to effectively serve
- Monitor and communicate competitive information including
pricing, policies and marketing strategies and relate information
back to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a professional image including appearance/dress as
well as a clean and organized vehicle, attend local and regional
trade events to gather market intelligence from customers,
competitors and vendors, accomplish sales and business plan
execution, customer retention and new business development
Key Partners (Positions):
- General Managers and Directors of Business Development,
Regional Vice Presidents and Senior Vice President-Division
- Sales Personnel including Regional Sales Managers, Performance
Specialists, Wheel and Equipment Sales Specialists, Inside Account
Managers, Customer Service Representatives
- Marketing Personnel
- Credit Personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum High School Graduate or GED; Bachelor's
Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company,
in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Excellent selling skills including, features-benefits-solutions
selling, program selling and problem solving must have the ability
to build, communicate and execute a business plan
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic
business finance along with the ability to calculate and articulate
pricing and gross profit multipliers, margin return and mark-up.
Ability to calculate sales increase needed to offset a GP%
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools, i.e. market
analysis, financial and market intelligence tools and equipment
(including technology) used in distribution operations
- Excellent presentation skills and face-to-face and telephone
- Thorough understanding of principles of marketing and
advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting,
product offer development
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
the ability to articulate the ATD value proposition
- Ability to create business solutions to customer needs that
directly impacting the customer's bottom line
- An understanding of the retail sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
- Should be a strategic and innovative thinker, to be able to
identify and act on ideas which further the company's strategic
goals and business plan.
- Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work
collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to
coordinate effective solutions.
- Communicate effectively across teams, functions and
departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust
communication style to improve performance.
- Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance
with American Tire Distributors "Code of Conduct", assume full
responsibility for the consequences of one's behaviors, decisions
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands
and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the
geographic area within the assigned region and will require
overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other
destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested
by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing
in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way
for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors,
Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to
terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: AMERICAN TIRE, Wichita , Outside Account Manager, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!