Company: OXY, Inc
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable
products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment
chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to
fill the position of PRODUCTION MANAGER with our Wichita Plant
Facility located in Wichita, Kansas.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety
of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we
operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
* Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices
for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency,
safety, productivity, and reliability.
* Establish processes to meet raw material needs/usage targets,
permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, pipeline
shipment targets, and railcar shipment targets.
* Responsible for the overall operation of the plant, provides
strong leadership for the area and effectively manages the
operations to make optimum use of the plant facilities and
personnel and insures safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and
efficient operations to manufacture quality products.
* Set operational priorities and allocate resources to meet the
needs of the facility and business.
* Assist in customer coordination, complaint resolution, and
* Partner with capital group and technical department to identify,
prioritize, support AFE approval process, and schedule
implementation of project work to improve the process.
* Develops the personnel in the department, directs work
assignments, evaluates employee performance, and conducts employee
discipline in a manner that is consistent with Company, policies
* Communicates, implements, and assures compliance with
governmental rules and regulations, as well as, Company plans,
programs, policies, and procedures involved with the conduct of a
safe, clean, environmentally sound, and efficient operation.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years
manufacturing experience in technical, maintenance or production
* High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team.
* Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders
and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to
wear personal protective equipment including the use of a
respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible
OXY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/INDIVIDUAL WITH
Keywords: OXY, Inc, Wichita , Production Manager, Executive , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!