Company: GraceMed Health Clinic Inc
Posted on: January 4, 2021
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Wichita, Kansas. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Family Medicine
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
Supervision Responsibilities: Yes
Essential Role: Provides professional medical services to
complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed
Health Clinic; provides clinical leadership and supervision of
midlevel providers and medical support staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of
clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and
- Reviews assigned midlevel provider's patient charts to check
for quality of care.
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation
services to patients of the clinic.
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, appropriate chief complaint, past
medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination,
medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills,
administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home
health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to
answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance
and reimbursement guidelines.
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely
- Participates in on-call schedule.
- Works closely with the supervisor to provide leadership and
medical direction for the clinic.
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Current State of Kansas MD or DO licensure.
- Current DEA certificate.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including
meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Board Certification in Specialty preferred.
- Experience in public health preferred.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices,
procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other
standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust
work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and
values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and
be able to professionally receive and follow oral
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with
a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations.
Normal schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 am to
5:00 pm., Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm; schedule may vary. On
call is required on a rotating basis.
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long
periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may
be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office
personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons.
May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other
hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity
to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards
Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Confidentiality: As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.,
you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a
legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients.
In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential
information regarding patients, and/or the practices' confidential
business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions
regarding personal information about a patient, a patient's
condition, a patient's finances, proprietary company information,
and/or the practices' confidential business with any third person.
This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse,
family or friends. CONFIDENTIALITY IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ANY BREACH
OF THIS POLICY WILL BE CONSIDERED GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION.
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: GraceMed Health Clinic Inc, Wichita , Family Doctor, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!