Cash and Medical Assistance Benefits Specialist
Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Requisition ID: req11232Job Title: Cash and Medical Assistance
Benefits SpecialistSector: Program AdministrationEmployment
Category: RegularEmployment Type: Full-TimeOpen to Expatriates:
NoLocation: Wichita, KS USAJob DescriptionJob Overview/SummaryThe
CMA Specialist will provide comprehensive services and conduct
activities related to Cash and Medical Assistance (CMA) programs
that are funded by the Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR). The CMA
Specialist will oversee the implementation of Refugee Cash
Assistance (RCA), Refugee Medical Screening (RMS) and Refugee
Medical Assistance (RMA) programs as outlined in federal
regulations, by KSOR and the Medical Replacement Designee (MRD).
The person in this role will represent the IRC and collaborate and
coordinate closely with the funder, other implementing agencies,
local stakeholders and service providers.Major
- Provide comprehensive and required services to IRC clients
enrolling or enrolled in Refugee Cash Assistance, Refugee Medical
Services or Refuge Health Screening.
- Review RCA applications for accuracy and make eligibility
determinations, ensuring non-duplication of services
- Prepare all enrollment documents and conduct enrollment
meetings, ensuring clients understand their rights and
- Conduct monthly redetermination meetings, to track and plan
participation in employment services for the purpose of determining
- Prepare the enrollment package including Enrollment Letter and
Insurance Card and any other items designated by KSOR or the
medical replacement designee (insurer) and conduct enrollment
meetings to provide enrollment documents and ensure RMA recipients
know their rights and responsibilities.
- Conduct RMA orientation, including in-depth orientation to
benefits and local health systems.
- Provide support to recipients with billing issues and
troubleshooting with providers who need verification of insurance
- Collaborate with KSOR and health clinic staff to ensure refugee
health screenings are scheduled and coordinated with the direct
service team, and to troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Prepare and disseminate case closure documentation according to
- Maintain meticulous documentation and ensure that all
deliverables are submitted to KSOR on time and in compliance with
the policies and procedures.Coordination
- Attend all KSOR-scheduled meetings to coordinate with key
stakeholders, Quarterly Forums, training events and collaboration
- Actively engage with donor and other stakeholders to develop
policy and processes, identify ways to improve programs and provide
- Communicate resettlement trends, including spikes in scheduled
arrivals, to donor and medical providers on a regular basis.
- Remain current on topics and the context in which CMA benefits
are processed, accessed and used, including the Code of Federal
Regulations that relate to each of the benefits available through
the Kansas CMA Benefits Program.
- Ensure understanding of changes to TANF policies, SNAP
Employment & Training, KanCare and/or Medicaid policies, employment
programs and local and global medical issues, and how these changes
impact clients and KSOR-funded programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.Key Working
RelationshipsPosition Reports to: Resettlement ManagerSupervisory
responsibility: NoneOther Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Wichita office team, HQ departments as required
- External: Kansas Office for Refugees, community stakeholders
and organizations, individuals, service providersQualifications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, preferably in Social Work or
- Minimum two years related work experience with human services
- Proven ability to work under pressure with deadlines and manage
multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy; strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and
diplomatically in a multi-cultural setting and with limited-English
- Fluency in English required. International work or study
experience and second language abilities a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint), internet research, and experience using
databases and information gathering systems.
- Valid driver's license and reliable access to an insured
- Combination of working in a standard office environment and
work in the community including meetings with community partners.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.The IRC and
IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in
IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity,
Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the
IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from
Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace
Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-RetaliationIRC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.IRC considers all applicants on the basis of
merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Wichita , Cash and Medical Assistance Benefits Specialist, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!