Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Wichita, KS
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Correctional Medicine opening in Wichita, Kansas. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Physician is one who provides a full range of medical services
for patients. Provides required documentation of services to the
Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of
clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A.
regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for
coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period
We're looking for a physician that is wanting to work limited hours
(around 1 per week) to help with supervision of our advanced
practice staff.Physician, Behavioral Health, Detention Center,
Jail, Corrections, Correctional Facility
- Medical school graduate
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferred (Board Certification)
- Current licensure as a Physician within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Current DEA numberResponsibilities
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as
established by Medical Director.
- Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding
progress notes of patients seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable,
ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters
in the patient's progress notes, as applicable.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within
one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions,
which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on
non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary
(when available), transfer to emergency room and utilization review
process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical
Director for disposition.
- Utilizes Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients'
rights to privacy in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as
P&T and Medical Audit Committee as requested by DON and
- Must maintain privileges as a member of the The Company Medical
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wellpath, Wichita , Correctional Medicine Physician Needed in Wichita, KS, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!