Company: Hunter Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: COVID-19Hunter Health Clinic, Inc. (HHC)
operates under a duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is
free of known hazards. Effective October 1, 2021, all HHC
employees, students, observers, volunteers, and Board of Directors
will be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination as recommended
by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, unless a
reasonable accommodation is approved. Our policy serves to
safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our
patients, and the community at large from infectious diseases, such
as COVID-19, that may be reduced by vaccinations and create a more
certain future. Summary: The Dental Assistant is responsible for
assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in the direct
provision of primary care dental services to patient of Hunter
Health Clinic (HHC). The Dental Assistant is also responsible for
sterilization, preparation, and inventory control of dental
supplies and instruments. The Dental Assistant supports the Dental
Director, Dental Hygienists and other members of the department and
provides quality dental care to all Hunter Health Clinic patients
while maintaining compliance with all federal grants, OSHA, Dental
Board, and Hunter Health Clinic policies and procedures.
- Assist the Dentists and Dental Hygienists in patient care.
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepares operatories for patient treatment as per Dental
Department protocols and the dentist's or dental hygienist
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with
state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's directions and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental
Department directives and protocols as well as HHC policies and
procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors
patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s) and
dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and
documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
- Pulls and files patient charts and documentation as
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of
HHC as appropriate and time permits.
- Insure the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with Dental Department directive and
- Insure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directive, HHC policy as well as state and federal
- Performs all functions in full compliance with HHC's and the
Dental Department Exposure Control Plan including but not limited
to the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention
activities both on-site and off-site as required.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or
necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals
- Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable
federal, state, local and HHC rules, regulations, protocols, and
procedures including but not limited to the participation of a
Dental Assistant in provision of clinical dental care, as well as
those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, work place
safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Responsible for distributing clinic literature and providing
complete and thorough explanation of all HHC policies pertaining to
patient rights, Indian verification, income verification, minimal
fees, sliding scale fees, prescription fees, fees for services, and
other information to the patient.
- Responsible for thorough registering of patients into clinic by
completion of required patient registration forms and the proper
filling out of intake forms, medical history forms, income
verification forms, and any other required forms for complete
- Responsible for accurate, complete, and detailed income
verifications on each patient and responsible for its minimal
- Instruct patients in dental procedures, dental hygiene, etc.,
as directed by the Dentist and Dental Hygienist.
- Assist with dental billing and data compilation as it relates
to the dental program.
- Prepare dental rooms according to professional standards for
daily patient use.
- Maintain the acceptable standard of client confidentiality
according to law and professional office standards.
- Maintain courtesies and congeniality with all patients.
- Maintain referral relationships with the HHC staff for
follow-up on dental and medical assistance.
- Assume custodial duties as assigned for proper health
- Participate in continuing education relative to the Dental
Assistant's position (college hours, workshops, seminars,
- Schedule dental appointments as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining recall system and mail out appropriate
recall cards. Call patients that have a phone for
- Refer all 0 percent patients to the Eligibility Coordinator for
screening of Medicaid eligibility.
- Triage emergency and Walk In patients.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dental Clinic Manager and/or
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred. Completion of accredited
course in dental assisting preferred.
- Minimal high school diploma or GED.
- Preferred 1 to 3 years of experience as an assistant.
- Ability to be cross-trained, ability to effectively communicate
with the under-served people.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and to
prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance
with established deadlines and protocols.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English are
required. Effective oral communication skills in Spanish is
preferred.Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:All employees,
including those who become disabled, must be able to perform the
essential job function listed below, either unaided or with the
assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The functions listed
below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of
work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. These
essential functions document does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to
change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.
- Talking: The ability to speak effectively.
- Average Hearing: The ability to hear average conversations and
- Repetitive Motion: The employee is regularly required to sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to
stand; walk; reach with hands.
- Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make
small movements such as typing, picking up objects and pinching
- Average Visual Abilities: Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust
- Working Conditions: Works in a well-lit, climate-controlled
environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
high. Potential exposure to infectious disease is possible.
- Physical Strength: The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 35 pounds. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties
and responsibilities associated with this job. Hunter Health Clinic
Inc. reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to
meet business and organizational needs. Must be able to perform all
essential functions outlined above with or without an
accommodation. I understand that I should contact Human Resources
if I feel I need a reasonable accommodation to be able to do my
Keywords: Hunter Health, Wichita , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!