Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
Company: Interim HealthCare of Wichita
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Interim Healthcare is hiring for a Full-Time Volunteer
Coordinator for our Hospice Program. - Come help us "Improve
People's Lives" in our Hospice Program. - -Benefits:
- Schedule Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance AvailableGeneral
Purpose:Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all
elements of the volunteer program including the training and
supervision of volunteers.Essential Functions:
- Recruits and selects volunteers sufficient to meet the needs of
the hospice program.
- Develops and provides the volunteer training and orientation
- Works with the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) to identify the
need for volunteer services to support hospice program functions
- Provides supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Maintains volunteer service statistics at the frequency
designated in hospice policy.
- Maintains current volunteer files.
- Re-evaluates the volunteer program on a regular basis.
- Ensures volunteer support and education are sufficient to
support volunteer retention.Minimum Education & Experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent years of experience and
training that includes management and oversight of multiple
individuals; development and execution of recruitment, selection
and training of individuals providing a variety of services;
preparation and management of a budget and related expenditure; and
maintenance of statistics related to hours served.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting. -
Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment includes driving own vehicle.Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Able to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer
- Able to organize and develop volunteers for both patient and
- Able to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer
- Knowledge and commitment to the hospice philosophy of
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
- Able to work as a member of an interdisciplinary group.#pando
-PandoLogic. Keywords: Volunteer Coordinator, Location: Wichita, KS
Keywords: Interim HealthCare of Wichita, Wichita , Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...