Company: University of Kansas Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SOM Wichita Internal Medicine (IM)
Internal MedicinePosition Title:
GastroenterologistJob Family Group:
AcademicJob Description Summary:
Serve in a clinical educator role, specializing in
gastroenterology, with responsibility for education of fellows,
residents and medical students providing care for outpatients and
inpatients. Provide consultative services for patients cared for by
other faculty members at affiliate community hospitals as well as
contributing to various research, educational and clinical
initiatives related to areas of interest and expertise.
The position is expected to be a .6 FTE but may expand to a .8
based on business needs.Job Description:
- MD/DO degree
- Board-certified or eligible for certification in Internal
- Experience in teaching and supervising medical students and
- Proficient in English, licensed or eligible for licensure to
practice medicine in Kansas.
- Possess a special interest or expertise in education at the
gastroenterology fellow level in addition to the medical student or
Job Duties Outlined:
- As a clinician, perform endoscopy procedures, see patients in
clinics and in consults, and participate in on-call coverage.
Patient contact will occur at KU Wichita Gastroenterology and
affiliated hospitals, Wesley Medical Center, Ascension Via Christi,
and Robert J Dole VA Medical Center.
- Educate gastroenterology fellows, internal medicine residents,
and medical students in the core competencies appropriate to their
- Lead a team of gastroenterology fellows, internal medicine
residents, and medical students in the provision of outstanding
medical care including supervision of gastroenterology fellows
- Participate in regular educational and administrative
conferences, as directed by immediate supervisor, including
participation on subcommittees relevant to area of practice or
- Support scholarly activities of the University, including
participation in research and educational activities, within the
Department and possibly throughout the University.
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. It is only a
summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive list
of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, duties, and
assignments. Furthermore, job duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Resume/CVEmployee Type:
Keywords: University of Kansas Medical Center, Wichita , Gastroenterologist, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!