Company: Via Christi Health, KS
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 263028
Additional Job Information Title:--Technician-Pharmacy
City, State:-- Wichita, KS
Location:-- VC Hospital St Francis
Department:---- Pharmacy Services General 001
Additional Job Details:----Part-Time, Rotating,--20 hours Weekly
About Us Why Join us the Via Christi team:
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. --The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. --We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center.----We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It's one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016 fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. --We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Job Description Job Summary:
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professional by providing information as necessary.
- Certified Pharmacy Tech obtained within 12 months (1 years) of hire date or job transfer date. If candidate is a Registered Pharmacy Intern instead of Registered as a Pharmacy Tech, the national certification is not required.
- One or more of the following:
Registered Pharmacy Tech OR Pharmacy Intern credentialed from the Kansas Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement Ascension Health ---VIA Christi--participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Via Christi Health, KS, Wichita , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!