Clinical Nurse Coordinator Surgical Oncology
Company: Wesley Medical Center
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Take your career to the next level as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator on the Surgical Oncology Unit at Wesley Medical Center!No other organization is better positioned to provide an excellent work experience for you like one committed to the care and improvement of human life. One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services we offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, we treat more than 24,000 patients annually and deliver more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and Wesley Children's Hospital.
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Patient Safety Report!
To learn more about the Culture at Wesley, Click Here!
Our 35 bed inpatient oncology unit serves patients from diagnosis throughout the continuum of care. The unit is designed for the diagnosis and treatment of patients requiring hospitalization during cancer treatment. Our specialty trained professionals provide high-quality curative and palliative care to meet both the medical and emotional needs of out patients and their loved ones. In partnership with a phenomenal physician team and a comprehensive service line, we offer a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to cancer care. we also care for post-operative general surgery patients.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Nursing Unit's Manager or designee, the Clinical Nurse Coordinator assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the nursing unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource standards, and Standards of Care for the Unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team
- Supports and demonstrates alignment and leadership of the mission of Wesley Healthcare and Wesley ICARE standards
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Maintains current professional knowledge, acts as a role model/resource, and oversees direct nursing care to patients
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Assists with assessment and evaluation of staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel, according to patient acuity levels
- Assists in investigations, documentation, and resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients, visitors, physicians and staff
- Participates in, and enforces hospital life-safety, quality, and risk management policies, procedures, and standards of regulatory agencies
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the department
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, orientation and evaluation of staff performance
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the state of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Obtain Advanced Certification in department's area of specialty within 24 months
Required Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Preferred Education or Experience
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Leadership/management experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Commitment to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience
- Continued demonstration of clinical and leadership competency
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers
- Ability to educate patients and/or significant others
- Ability to supervise regular staff and float staff on shift
- Demonstrates good organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Possess skills in: patient care documentation systems and bed placement systems
Keywords: Wesley Medical Center, Wichita , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Surgical Oncology, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!