RN Registered Nurse - Trauma Services Specialist - Wichita
Company: KS-Wichita-VC Hospital St Francis
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: RN-Registered Nurse - Trauma Services SpecialistCity, State: Wichita, KSLocation: VC Hospital St FrancisDepartment: Trauma Services 001Additional Job Details: Part Time / 24 hours Weekly2 12 hour shifts/week - mostly daysWhy Join Ascension? Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us. Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It's one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016 fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- In Wichita, we were voted Best in Town by the Wichita Eagle's 2017 Readers' Choice Awards and named in Becker's Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs. What You Will Do As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. Qualifications Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. Work Experience:
- 3 years of ICU experience strongly preferred. In lieu of ICU experience, 3 years of Emergency Dept. experience preferred.
- Charge or Preceptor experience strongly preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: KS-Wichita-VC Hospital St Francis, Wichita , RN Registered Nurse - Trauma Services Specialist - Wichita, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!