Surgical Services Assistant
Posted on: February 13, 2019
We Are Hiring Surgical Services Assistant - Surgery - Full-Time, Evening - VC Hospital St. Joseph - Wichita, KSWhy Join Employer? Via Christi Health, a part of Employer, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It's one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
More Than a Job: Working for Employer is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016 fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health effortsA Passionate Team: Employer associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.In Wichita, we were voted Best in Town by the Wichita Eagle's 2017 Readers' Choice Awards and named in Becker's Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs.What You Will Do As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to assist with the cleaning and stocking of assigned area.Responsibilities:
- Facilitates and assists with the admission and discharge process of patients, including transporting patient belongings, arranging patient transportation, and completing all necessary documentation.
- Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily.
- Performs daily inventory to ensure clean linen and supplies are accurately stocked for distribution.
- Maintains carts and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate area when finished.
- Assist the OR team and environmental services with operating room turnover activities.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma or GED required.Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Wichita , Surgical Services Assistant, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!