Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Title: Physicist-MedicalCity, State: Wichita, KSLocation: Via Christi Hospital St FrancisDepartment: Physics Amb 001Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours WeeklyWhy Join Employer? Why Via Christi Health:Via Christi Health, a part of Employer, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row. What Via Christi Health offers:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Employer. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need. What You Will Do What you will do:Job Summary:Ensures the quality of care in the use of radiation-producing sources and imaging equipment, while protecting patients and staff from radiation.Responsibilities:
- Performs required calibrations on equipment. Recommends and justifies new equipment and products for the department.
- Conducts equipment performance reviews as needed and implements quality control procedures for imaging devices.
- Recommends radiation safety procedures to areas using radiation.
- Educates staff in radiation safety practices.
- Supports all physics aspects of patient treatment including consultation with radiation oncologists, calculation of radiation doses, design and fabrication of treatment aids and assurance of the accuracy of all treatment parameters.
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry. If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.The qualifications you will need:Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) in Diagnostic Medical Physics and qualified to perform MQSA physics testing of Diagnostic Mammography imaging systems. If not certified, must be Board eligible by ABR in Diagnostic Medical Physics and trained in mammography imaging physics. If the required certifications/qualifications are not completed at the time of application, these must be completed within 3 years after being hired.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- One or more of the following additional board certifications are desired; but not required. None of these board certifications may be substituted for the required credentials- American Board of Health Physics, comprehensive- American Board of Medical Physics in Medical Health Physics- American Board of Radiology in Nuclear Medical Physics- American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine: Physics and Instrumentation- American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine: Radiation ProtectionEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferredWork Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Health - Via Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Wichita , Medical Physicist, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!