Specialty Clinical Pharmacist - Critical Care
Posted on: March 17, 2019
We Are Hiring Specialty Clinic Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General - Full-Time, Rotating - VC Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KSWhy Join Ascension? Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need. What You Will Do As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serves as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provides guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs. Provides patient counseling when required.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Pharmacy obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred. Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Wichita , Specialty Clinical Pharmacist - Critical Care, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!