Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - BHOP
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Couple and Family opening in Wichita, Kansas. This and other social worker jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - BHOP in Wichita, Kansas.The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system that provides a full range of healthcare to the military and their families. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday scheduleDay scheduleHolidays offFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - BHOP Job Overview:
- Function in a patient-centered medical home location as an internal behavioral health consultant and/or Behavioral Health Care Facilitator
- As a member of the Behavioral Health team, the Social Worker will also provide the following.
- Brief cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the AF consultation BHOP model.
- May provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (i.e. stress management class, sleep enhancement class, chronic pain class).
- Works independently in the absence of direct oversight and adheres to Air Force values effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing and resolving professional issues.
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff.
- Successfully consults with PCMs on-demand about general issues and specific patients.
- Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on patients referred; Delivers brief presentations/trainings to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues and IBHC services.
- Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in the patient's electronic medical record within the allowable timeframe defined by the MTF standard after the patient is seen.
- Effectively manage a full daily patient load as defined by the Mental Health Business Practice Standards and BHOP Manual.
- May include participating in Air Force-approved research projects relating to Primary Care Behavioral Health.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required
- Participates in military-specific training (e.g., use of the Air Force Guide for Suicide Risk Assessment, Management, and Treatment, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress, etc.
- Attends and participates in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, primary care staff meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by supervisor.
- Contact referred patients to assess medication treatment adherence for depression, anxiety, and PTSD disorders.
- Use validated brief symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity;
- Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- Provide patients with education regarding their behavioral health condition and treatment regimen.
- Maintain patient information in a patient registry with accuracy and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - BHOP Job Qualifications:
Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)LCSW Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.Basic Life Support (BLS)
- One year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
- Must have experience in brief behavioral interventions.
- At least 12 months of direct hands-on experience in the last 24 months with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use of an automated medical record system. Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent upon contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Wichita , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - BHOP, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!