Echocardiology Sonography Technologist
Posted on: April 18, 2019
We Are Hiring Sonography Technologist - Echocardiology Full-Time,
Day 7am - 3pm, M-F - Every Other Weekend Via Christi Hospital St.
Joseph - Wichita, KS Why Join Ascension? Via Christi Health, a part
of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of
Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a
network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory
surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We
provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300
employees. Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi
that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is
available to both part-time and full-time associates in any
position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift
workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a
unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join
senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working
well and ways we can work together to improve. It's one small way
we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care
possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality
healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016
fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community
benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in
poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local
community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow
their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a
team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and
vulnerable. What You Will Do As an Associate with Via Christi
Health, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic
procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and
body structure, providing quality images for
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.What You Will
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1
year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health
is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action
employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the
link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health - VIA Christi
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E
-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Wichita , Echocardiology Sonography Technologist, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!