Registered Nurse RN High Risk/OB Oncology
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
For more than 85 years, Wesley has helped welcome babies into the
world. Wesley has been known as The Baby Hospital since opening
Wichitas first Mothers Room in 1912. Our expertise has earned us a
reputation as the premier hospital for obstetrical services, and is
one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in
Kansas, delivering more than 500 babies per month -- more than any
other hospital in our 13 state region. With our 40 bed Level III
NICU, Wesley Womens Hospital is the regional referral center for
high risk pregnancies. Wesleys BirthCare Center is a facility
especially designed for women who are expecting a low-risk birth,
and is located adjacent to the main facility. Position Summary:
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with
standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to
initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice
- Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of
- Contributes to the professional development of peers,
colleagues and others.
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health
care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in
an ethical manner.
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful
communication in development of all collaborative
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding
service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership
that is equally respectful to everyone.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate
competencies to department specific population.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills
to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to
- Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered
Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as
specified in policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) verification course, as
specified in policy (including Birth Care Center, Postpartum and
Labor & Delivery)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course , as
specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center and Labor &
- Sugar, Temp, Airway, BP, Emotional Support (S.T.A.B.L.E)
verification course, as specified in policy
- Fetal Monitoring (IFMC) verification course, as specified in
policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High
Risk OB Oncology)
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring (AFM&A) verification course, as
specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery
and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving
- Required Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Preferred Education or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of
nursing care including, but not limited to, administering
treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests,
formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care
providers and providing education to patients and/or significant
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Keywords: HCA., Wichita , Registered Nurse RN High Risk/OB Oncology, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!