Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Progressive Stepdown
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Take your career to the next level and earn up to a $10,000 sign on
bonus as a Medical Surgical Nurse on the Surgical Telemetry Unit at
Wesley Medical Center.
No other organization is better positioned to provide an excellent
work experience for you like one committed to the care and
improvement of human live. One of the most experienced and
comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is
the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and
northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond
the high-quality medical services we offer. It includes the spirit
of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at
Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds
and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, we treat
more than 24,000 patients annually and deliver more than 6,000
babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley
provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist church,
Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and
operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and Wesley Children's
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent
Leapfrog Hospital Patient Safety Report!
To learn more about the Culture at Wesley, click here !
Our 37 bed cardiac step down unit provides care to patients with a
variety of cardiac diseases. We are grateful to work with and learn
from passionate cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons. We have
the privilege of partnering with our Emergency Department, Cardiac
Cath Lab, Coronary Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Interventional Unit
and Quality Department to maintain Chest pain Accreditation from
the Joint commission! Our unit has received recognition from HCA's
Unit of Distinction for providing quality patient care. We pride
ourselves on having high employee and patient engagement scores.
Our nursing team is highly involved in the continued development
and maintenance of our program and unit based practices.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning,
implementation and evaluation.
- You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the
department-specific patient population in accordance with the
standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical
Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
- You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to
ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and
achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- You will support the organization's vision and mission and
utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the
provision of patient care.
- You will contributes to the provision of quality nursing care
through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate
positive outcomes in patient care.
- You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness
of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities
to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing
practice and education
- You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment
- You will contribute to the professional development of peers,
colleagues and others
- You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and
health care providers in providing and advocating for patient
- You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering
- You will make decisions and actions on behalf of patients that
are determined in an ethical manner
- You will participate in the improvement of operational
functions of the department
- You will establish and maintain effective and respectful
communication in development of all collaborative
- You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for
outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in
partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- You will demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of
age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
- You will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills
to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient
- You will secure, administer and handle medication according to
established guidelines Qualifications I'm interested, what is
required for this position?
- You have a current Registered Nurse License in the State of
Kansas, and current Basic Life support (BLS) certification through
the American Heart Association.
- You have a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
verification through the American Heart Association. If not, that's
OK, we will send you to the class after you are hired!
- You successfully complete the Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted
time frame, as specified in policy.
- Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing?
- We would like to fill this position with an RN who has 1 to 2
years acute care experience.
- We believe it's pretty great to be a new or recent graduate
nurse. We're considering recent graduates and non-acute applicants
as well.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our hospital. We do not discriminate on the basis or race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age
marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Keywords: HCA., Wichita , Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Progressive Stepdown, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!