Medical Records Specialist
Company: EyeCare Partners
Posted on: November 10, 2019
JOB SUMMARY:-- Responsible for the documentation system of the
medical records department at the assigned office to include
scanning and indexing. Responsible for performing an extensive
number of data collection functions, as delegated by the physician,
to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients---
conditions. Responsible to provide back-up coverage to the
insurance verification and charge ticket individuals at the
Woodlawn office.-- --ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exhibit excellent professional appearance.
- Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure and stability under
pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Ability to maintain calm, empathetic, and courteous demeanor
when interacting with varied personalities.
- Working knowledge of computer programs.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
- Responsible for accuracy and organization of medical files in
medical records department.
- Retrieves medical records according to facility needs,
following HIPAA and legal guidelines.
- Process request for medical records in accordance with company
guidelines and properly documents the request in the patient
- Responsible for operating OCT, Visual Field and Auto Plot
- Maintain working knowledge of all office equipment, computer,
fax, copiers, phones, etc.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and functioning properly,
reports damaged or improperly functioning equipment to the Web Help
Desk and Clinic A in a timely manner.
- Participates in annual OSHA and Bloodbourne Pathogens training,
other departmental in-services and required education updates.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient.
- Recording medical history, current medications and confirming
purpose of visit.
- Records all data in the patient's electronic medical
- Demonstrate ability to perform comprehensive work ups on
patients in a timely manner. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: This
position has no management responsibilities. --QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.-- The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:-- High School Diploma or General
Education Degree (GED) required Computer skills and good oral
communication required Medical Records experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS: None --PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. --While performing the duties of this job, the
employee must be able to frequently convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately and quickly, must be able to hear
average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information,
must use fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up
small objects or pinching fingers together, movements frequently
and regularly required using the wrist, hands and/or fingers,
average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
written communications and view computer screen and sedentary work,
sitting most of the time.-- The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds.-- --If you need assistance with this
application, please contact (636) 227-2600.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please do
not contact the office directly --- only resumes submitted through
this website will be considered. --
Keywords: EyeCare Partners, Wichita , Medical Records Specialist, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!