Director - Orthopedic Service Line
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We Are Hiring
Orthopedic Service Line Director
Ascension Via Christi Health
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare
provider in the state of Kansas and operate a network of hospitals,
home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging
centers, and other health services
Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate
between each other nationwide. Through working and learning
together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across
the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for
Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide
everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to
transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care
and services, particularly to those most in need
One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for
people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we
What You Will Do
As a Director with Ascension Via Christi Health System, you will
have the opportunity to direct services, workflow and resources for
our Orthopedic service line.
* Establishes market strategy, service offerings and clinical
* Evaluates, develops, and adapts the business processes of the
clinical service line(s) to meet the ever changing healthcare
environment and needs of patients and families.
* Responsible for programmatic growth, physician recruitment,
alignment or acquisitions; the evaluation, development and
adaptation of clinical/business processes for the service line.
* Facilitates a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and
accountability across disciplines within the service line.
* Coordinates with physician leadership to identify clinical and
non-clinical technology, software, and equipment needs in support
of the service line.
* Partners with physician lead to implement clinical standards and
programs; new programs and services, in an efficient/cost effective
manner to provide a unified approach to care delivery.
* Develops and implements cost, Clinical Process Reliability (CPR),
and efficiency plans. Identifies necessary resources for patient
care and programmatic development.
* Collaborates with Population Health leaders to improve health
outcomes within the community.
* Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to
innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation
consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
* Partners with other key departments to develop short and long
range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital
budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan.
* Keeps abreast of regulatory, legal, reimbursement changes, and
industry trends. Establishes appropriate database registries,
certifications, and external benchmark reasons to deliver
outstanding clinical care.
What You Will Need
* Preferred Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of
* Bachelor's degree required
* Master's degree preferred
* 5 years of experience required
* 10 years of experience preferred
* 2 years of leadership or management experience required
* 5 years of leadership or management experience in the Orthopedic
service line preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Wichita , Director - Orthopedic Service Line, Healthcare , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!