Company: PEERLESS TIRES 4 LESS
Posted on: September 4, 2020
Essential Job Functions of a Tire Store Employee
Peerless Tyre stores sell/replace/install tires, sensors, wheels
and accessories for automobiles, light trucks and recreational
vehicles. Every Peerless Tyre store is staffed by a Store Manager,
an Assistant Manager and one or more Apprentices. Every employee is
actively involved in the changing of tires. At Peerless,
Apprentices are trained from Day One to advance to Store
The work area contains machinery (car lifts, tire changers,
computerized spin balancers, and tire spreaders), tools (torque and
lug wrenches, compressed air guns, and rubber mallets) and
chemicals (soaps, lubricating products, and rubber cement) for
servicing tires. Most work is done outdoors on concrete work pads,
in all types of weather.
TYPICAL WORK WEEK:
Store hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m.
to 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Stores are closed on Sunday. Stores
remain open until the last customer of the day has been served, so
staff frequently must stay later than the posted closing time. A
typical work week is 45 hours. Store Managers generally work as
required to effectively open, run and close the store.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Peerless will provide safety glasses. Employee must provide his/her
own steel-toed boots.
Peerless will provide uniform shirts and/ or jackets to the
employee at cost.
Employee must possess and retain a valid in-State driver's
APTITUDE / COMPETENCE REQUIRED:
- Employee must be fluent in the English language as they must
understand both written and verbal customer instructions and they
must be able to read/write and operate English-based computer
- Employee must possess the ability to learn and understand
technical installation instructions as well as inventory
- Employee must provide good customer service and be pleasant and
clean in appearance.
- Employee should have basic math skills and the ability to count
and keep track of inventory.
- Employee must have enough mechanical and physical ability to
perform the following Job Functions.
- Diagnose a customer's tire issue (repair or replace the
- To replace tires:
- Drive the vehicle to the work area. Lift the vehicle with
either a hydraulic lift or a portable floor jack.
- Remove the hub caps, loosen lug nuts and lift the tires from
- Roll or carry the tires to the work area, where each will
manually be lifted onto the tire changer.
- Deflate the tire(s), break the bead(s) and unseat the tire from
the wheel(s). Remove from the changer.
- Lift the new tire(s) onto the changer, seat and inflate
it/them. Remove from the changer.
- Take the newly inflated tire(s) to the computerized spin
balancer and lift onto the machine. Spin-balance the tire-and-wheel
assembly by adding weights to the rim as indicated by the machine.
Remove the tire from the balancer.
- Roll or carry the new tire to the vehicle. Lift it onto the
hub, tighten the lug nuts and lower the vehicle to the
- Do a final tightening with a torque wrench of all lug nuts to
get them to the vehicle's specifications.
- Drive the vehicle to a parking spot for return to the
- Once employee moves up the career chain to Assistant Manager,
will learn additional skills such as how to process a sale in the
Point-of-Sale system and how to process various payment types. As
employee advances to Manager, will begin to learn skills such as
how to close a sale, how to market your store, how to schedule
staff to run the business and the administrative tasks necessary
for legal and reporting compliance.
- Other job functions include:
Cleaning and routine maintenance of the equipment, shop, building
Loading and unloading inventory from trucks or stacking or moving
tires and supplies around the shop.
Neighborhood marketing, e.g. delivering Peerless fliers or
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Workdays are often 9 hours and require repeated and continual
standing, walking, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching,
kneeling, and pushing, pulling and/or lifting as much as 50 pounds
- Employee uses his/her hands repetitively for firm grasping.
Dexterity is needed to operate machinery and tools.
- Employee may be exposed to noise, vibration, dust and weather
COME JOIN OUR 250 TEAM MEMBERS IN 56 STORES
We have excellent opportunities for people who believe in hard
work, superior customer service and who desire an above average
WE OFFER OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Health Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Paid Vacation + Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- No Sunday Work
- Employee Discounts
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN:
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
Keywords: PEERLESS TIRES 4 LESS, Wichita , STORE EMPLOYEE, Hospitality & Tourism , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!