Company: Sodexo Health Care North America
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Come join Sodexo Quality of Life Services and be a part of the
healing environment of Wesley Medical Center. Sodexo has
opportunities that fit your life and your schedule, and we are
looking to add team members today! All applications that are
selected for hire will be required to complete background and drug
screenings.LOCATION: This location is accessible by public
transportation.Wesley Medical Center550 N. HillsideWichita, KS
67214WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift, 6:00am - 2:30pm OR 2nd Shift,
12:00pm - 8:30pm
- Referral Bonus of $100 after week one of employment and $100
more after 90 days of employment
- 2nd Shift differential pay starting at $0.50 more per hour
- 3rd Shift differential pay starting at $1.00 more per hourThis
position may be required to work weekends and rotating
holidays.COMPANY BENEFITS for Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability,
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Bereavement
- Employee Discounts (from Sodexo and as a Wesley
Associate)POSITION PROFILE MARCH 2016Healthcare Host/Hostess UF4051
Job Overview: The Healthcare Host/Hostess is responsible for
effectively communicating with patients, staff and guests of the
hospital to ensure accuracy and timelines of patient meal trays and
floor stock. Major responsibility includes delivering meal carts to
patient units, aiding in the meal set-up at bedside, discarding of
soiled trays, taking inventory of nourishment area, stocking the
nourishment area and accurately operating technical equipment. The
Healthcare Host/Hostess will be responsible for sanitation
activities, including dishware, equipment cleaning and janitorial
tasks. In addition, they will be responsible for cashiering in the
cafeteria. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.General
- Delivers carts to the correct floor or patient area.
- Serves trays to patients and determines if they need anything
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Collects trays and places garbage and trash in designated
- Records the amount and type of special food items served to
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- May take orders in an Expressly For You (EFY) environment.
- May assemble and deliver patient trays in an EFY
- Replenish floor stock.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Job
Qualifications: Experience/Knowledge: 1 - P a g ePOSITION PROFILE
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 0 to 1 year related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills.License/Qualifications
Certifications: None.General Qualifications:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.2 - P a g
ePOSITION PROFILE MARCH 2016 Working Conditions (may add additional
conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Unit Description: Identify unit-specific job tasks and
qualifications in relation to this job. List any language(s),
software or registrations required to perform this job. Please
describe the typical writing, speaking and presentation skills
required for this job and identify the audience. Employee signature
below constitutes employee's understanding of the responsibilities,
qualifications, requirements and working conditions of the
position. Employee__________________________ ________
Date_____________ Manager___________________ ________________
Date______________3 - P a g eJob Types: Full-time, Part-time,
ContractPay: $12.50 - $13.50 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurancePhysical Setting:
- Fast casual restaurantSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityWork Location: One location
Keywords: Sodexo Health Care North America, Wichita , Healthcare Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!