Company: Mid Kansas Cooperative
Posted on: January 27, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with all merchandising functions for Producer
Ag. This will include logistics, originating, trading, hedging,
reporting along with other related activities.
1. Planning, Coordinating, Communication, and Training skills.
2. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
3. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
4. Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors.
5. Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints from
6. Ability to write speeches and articles for internal and external
7. Computer and data entry skills.
8. Ability to react to change productively and handle other
essential tasks as assigned.
9. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
10. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference; fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry; and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
11. Qualify for and be able to retain a series 3 license.
12. Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
taste or smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or
move up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university, or one
to two years related experience in the grain industry and/or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Involved in coordinating the logistical movement of grain in
trucks and railcars.
2. Setting freight rates for movement of Producer Ag originated
3. Work with the merchandising team to establish and strengthen
relationships to add value for Producer Ag.
4. Continually investigate best practices for grain logistics
5. Originate bushels from producer and commercial accounts.
6. Communicate goals and objectives to all involved internal
7. Creating relationships with key end user accounts.
8. Searching out new markets for originated grain.
9. Involved in billing and settlement of railcars.
10. Manage grain position risk with hedging activities.
11. Work to meet or exceed budgeted financial return
12. Setting bids for the producer grain that we originate.
13. Helping plan and execute company merchandising goals.
14. Involved in coordination of all daily merchandising
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and
work outside with exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, moving
mechanical parts, high places, fumes and airborne particles, toxic
or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked to perform other instructions or duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and
either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time,
for any reason.
Keywords: Mid Kansas Cooperative, Wichita , Grain Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!