Company: KMW Ltd
Posted on: January 26, 2023
If youre a people person looking for a new career opportunity in
the exciting world of HR, this is the place to hop on board. We are
searching for a qualified, strategic, and resourceful HR Generalist
to provide top-notch service to our business operation. If this
sounds like you, then come join a fast-growing, leading equipment
manufacturer of compact and utility loaders, as well as back-hoes
located in beautiful Sterling, Kansas. This isnt just a job its an
opportunity for your work to challenge you, continue learning, and
grow with us.We are seeking to add a full-time team member who
takes pride in their work with attention to detail, organization,
and be precise in the execution of all things HR. Be part of a team
dedicated to providing exceptional service and be your best.
Summary: The HR Generalist will have both administrative and
strategic responsibilities, helping our company to plan and
administer various functions, such as payroll, benefits, staffing,
personnel records, compensation, compliance with laws and
regulations concerning personnel, and training and development.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and
policies, providing guidance and interpretation to management
leaders and team members.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the
efficiency of the HR department and organization to improve the
- Cross-train and learn all areas of HR and provide exceptional
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and
applicable employment laws. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide human resources services, including payroll, talent
acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation,
benefits, training and development, records management, employee
relations and retention, compliance, and completing personnel
- Handle administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire
orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR
information system and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Provide exceptional HR advisory service to employees in
relation to absences, health issues, conduct, grievances,
organizational change, and various other employee-relation
- Complete bi-weekly payroll processing including updates to
employee files, auditing timecards, bonus/incentive pay, tracking
PTO, inputting expenses reimbursements and deductions, and benefit
- Be a champion in providing a positive culture and helping lead
- Anticipate business needs, think proactively, and respond
- Logically organize workflow to drive processes to successful
implementation and meet deadlines
- Maintain physical and digital files for employee documents,
benefits, attendance records.
- Cross-train in all areas of HR.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of
urgency and results orientation
- Other projects or duties as assigned. Skills and
- 3+ years of recent HR generalist experience, with strong
leadership and hands-on capabilities in Payroll, Benefits, Employee
Relations, Recruitment, Staffing, and Performance Management.
- SHRM or PHR certification desired.
- Positive, professional demeanor, and excellent interpersonal
skills. Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to function effectively
under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity,
fair-mindedness and adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics,
and cultural awareness.
- Strong problem solving, reporting, and analytical skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience in payroll processing.
- Proficient with HRIS and MS Office programs; must have
intermediate MS Excel skills. Be comfortable learning new
technology systems as needed.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working in an HR department.
- Strong detail-oriented and highly organized mindset.
- Knowledge of HR employment laws and regulations. Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers,
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. -
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in
the work environment is usually quiet in the office setting. The
manufacturing environment will be noisy, climate is less
controlled, and PPE will be required. Drug screen is required. We
offer competitive pay, paid time off, and affordable insurance
including medical, dental, vision, flex, life, short-term
disability, and 401k. -
Keywords: KMW Ltd, Wichita , HR GENERALIST, Human Resources , Sterling, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!