Senior SQL Application Developer (DBA)
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for designing, coding, testing,
implementing maintaining, supporting, and modifying SQL
applications to improve the efficiency of business operations.
Responsible for developing SQL databases and writing applications
to interface with SQL databases. Development consists of designing
tables, storing procedures, views and functions. Collaborate with
Program Managers, team members and customers on specific project
business requirements. Involved in all phases of the full system
life cycle KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Designing database tables and structures creating database
triggers for use in automation
- Creating views, functions and stored procedures
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft
SQL Server platform. This will include reports, imports, exports,
data warehousing tasks and other data related tasks.
- Utilize available utilities to automate/simplify tasks.
Recommend improvements in technical processes.
- Provide support to existing production SQL applications; and
perform technical analysis, design, development and implementation
of new applications using existing and emerging platforms.
- Function as technical leader on projects, assist management in
performing project estimates and planning functions. Actively
participate in post-implementation reviews.
- Investigate the establishment and implementation of new or
revised application systems and programs.
- Analyze and tune product SQL performance, writing optimized SQL
queries for integration with other applications, and troubleshoot
deployment issues when required.
- Function as troubleshooter to investigate and correct system
and program defects.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of program
definition, documentation and testing.
- Lead code reviews to ensure quality, maintainability and
adherence to compliance, accessibility and business standards.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of business needs and
objectives to ensure timely responsiveness within assigned areas of
- Provide customer support to internal customers.
- Provide direction and oversight of external vendors.
- Flexibility to perform other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: Bachelors degree
in Computer Science, computer information systems or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience as a SQL Developer or
similar role, experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL
Server Analysis Services. Knowledge/Skills:
- Experience as Microsoft SQL Server developer
- Strong knowledge of SQL including complex SQL queries, stored
procedures, views and functions, and best practices
- Power BI (or similar BI tools) experience is a plus
- Experience with .net (C# and VB.net)
- Experience with Classic asp
- Experience with complex web applications in a multi-vendor
- Demonstrated ability to utilize structured methodologies to
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the SQL
environment/infrastructure and be able to identify and resolve
complex challenges associated with the architecture.
- Maintains and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of
program definition, documentation and testing.
- Ability to assist with technology planning through ongoing
research and education.
- Demonstrated ability to define and analyze issues, develop and
present recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and utilize resources to execute
tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work in an effective
manner with external and internal customers.
Licenses/Certifications: N/A SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Total
Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0 Number of Subordinate
Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0 VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
(check one) Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact. ___ Required to perform activities
such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms
reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or
repairing machinery. ___ Required to review/inspect own assigned
work, the work of others, or facilities or structures. Requires
normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity: ___ Required to
operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
COMMENTS Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship,
national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim
status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic
information, and any other status protected by law. Envision
employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities
and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Senior SQL Application Developer (DBA), IT / Software / Systems , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!