Computer Software Support Specialist
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Professional Engineering ConsultantsEqual Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status We are PEC ---a
family of professionals that exists to energize communities, shape
the future, and guide the way. Our vision is to be the solutions
firm committed to partnerships with a vision for growth and
community longevity, and we would like to invite you to learn more
about how you can connect your passion to our purpose.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in
Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our staff of more than
350 holds professional engineering licenses in all 50 states. Our
work takes us across the nation and around the world to design an
increasing variety of projects from highways to hospitals, water
towers to wind turbines, stadiums to sidewalks, and everything in
The Computer/Software Support Specialist will provide technical
assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to
computer systems, hardware, servers, software, networking,
printers, audio-visual equipment and other devices.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and address urgent or escalated issues and
specialized software needs.
- Install and update general business, CAD, antivirus,
accounting, and other company-supported software programs.
- Maintain records of software licensing and compliance.
- Install and provide general hardware support for PC, tablets,
printers, and other devices.
- Provide staff training on computer hardware, software,
printers, and peripheral devices.
- Participate in emergency callout and after-hours
- Provide end-user services including advanced help desk support
- A bachelor's degree in information technologies, computer
science, or related discipline.
- Five years help desk or end-user support experience required
with some experience in software installation, hardware setup, and
- Working knowledge and understanding of common software programs
and packages including Microsoft Office and Bluebeam Revu.
- Experience working with CAD and other AEC industry software is
required. Examples may include: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, BIM
360/Collaborate Pro, Microstation, ESRI ArcGIS, Newforma,
- Must possess good interpersonal communication skills and
command of the English language to provide effective support over
the phone, in-person, and by email.--
- Programming languages such as C++, Python a plus.
- Relevant professional certification (MCA, CCIE, CCSP, etc.) is
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Wichita , Computer Software Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!