IT System Administrator
Company: TEC Systems Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Headquartered centrally in Wichita, Kansas, TEC Systems Group is a nationwide service company specializing in control systems integration. TEC has more than 30 years of experience in providing automation engineering and enterprise integration/operational intelligence solutions to small, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies in the industrial industry. TEC also has a branch office in Burnsville, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis) and other engineers permanently stationed around the United States.At TEC Systems Group, our most valued asset is our people. It is our team s technical and process knowledge as well as core commitment to our clients that define our company and propel our success. We strive to attract and retain talented professionals by offering sophisticated HR business processes that promote employee growth and development. Every day we focus on fostering teamwork, employee engagement, collaboration and commitment while serving our clients.Role and ResponsibilitiesThe IT System Administrator role is to coordinate and align the activities of the IT department with the objectives of the organization. The IT Director will plan, coordinate, direct and lead all IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.The IT System Administrator will work closely with other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions. She/he will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Lead the operational planning for the IT department, including fostering innovation, planning projects, organizing and allocating resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, wireless networks, hardware and application software.
- Benchmark, analyze, report and recommend improvement to IT infrastructure and systems.
- Work with management to define business and system requirements for new implementations.
- Manage the IT department budget, including forecasts, purchases, budgets and reviews.
- Directly supervise internal IT department personnel.
- Manage Cybersecurity and Disaster Recovery efforts
- Cloud based applicationsQualifications
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications, servers, networks and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current hardware, protocols and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.Preferred Skills
- Ability to conduct research into IT issues and products, as required.
- Ability to manage a team of professionals.
- Experience with business systems in small to mid-sized technology companiesEducation and Experience
- Bachelor s degree in information technology and/or computer science.
- Six years of related work experience.Technology Insight (Experience in all areas is NOT required to apply)
- Ethernet Networking and Layer 2/3 switching (OSI model)
- VMware Workstation
- Microsoft Hyper V
- NAS storage and connectivity
- Windows Server Administration (Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2 and above)
- Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013
- SQL Server 2012 Administration
- PRTG, Shavlik and SonicWALL Firewall/Router/Antivirus/VPN portal.
- Acronis Backup Advanced Server Backup for Windows
- SSL wildcard certificate
- Basic Powershell scripting for server automation
- DELL server hardware
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Veritas System Recovery 2016
- Windows XP through Windows 10 desktop OS - provided by Dice IT System Administrator Lead systems infrastructure supervise Manage Cybersecurity Disaster Recovery Cloud applications TCP/IP VMware SQL PRTG Shavlik SonicWALL Firewall Router Antivirus VPN portal
Keywords: TEC Systems Group, Inc., Wichita , IT System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!