Company: Specialists Group LLC, The
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Web ID: TSG6320
Classification: LegalLegal Assistant
Local Location: Downtown
Compensation: $20.00 - $22.00 Hourly
Education: Associates Degree
Summary: A very prestigious Law Firm
in Downtown Wichita is seeking an individual to Assist Attorney
(under minimal supervision and according to established policies
and procedures) in handling assigned cases/files. Observe
confidentiality in all client and firm matters. Independent
judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diverse
workloads. Individuals in this position will have direct contact
with clients, and therefore must have the ability to maintain
positive client relationships and customer service. Good
communication, both verbal and written, is essential in this
- Perform routine elements of practice area skills, professional
skills, and knowledge of firm operations with little or no
- Draft legal documents or correspondence and provide legal
support as necessary under the supervision of attorney.
- Communicate critical information clearly, accurately, honestly,
and concisely in accordance with firm and practice area policies
- Provide services to internal and external clients in a timely
and efficient manner.
- React productively to changes and handle other essential tasks
as may be assigned.
- Provide general administrative support, including scheduling,
expense reporting, billing and time entry, filing, and
- Document preparation, production, revision, organization, and
- Facilitate closings on transactions and ensure that all
signatures, documents, and other requirements to close are in place
by the corresponding deadline.
- Conduct research, including online, legal, and public records
research. Create and maintain new and existing client files.
- Conduct conflict checks and provide analysis. Assist with
attorney marketing endeavors and continuing legal education.
- Communicate with clients and be mindful of the preferences and
requirements of individual clients.
- Process new client/matter intakes including preparing and
processing new matter forms and opening new files.
- Process mail and email prepare, review, and route
- Ensure all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included.
create and maintain paper and electronic files and indexes.
- Travel to/from clients as required. Job Requirements:
- College degree or legal assistant/paralegal certification
- Minimum of 2-3 years of legal secretary, legal assistant, or
paralegal experience in estate planning, probate, business,
corporate, real estate, intellectual property, employment, or other
related practice area.
- Self-starter, highly organized & motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills with clients, attorneys, and staff at
all levels of the firm.
- Attention both to details and the larger picture.
- Ability to thrive with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to think critically & analytically to determine what
needs to be done and what information is needed in situations where
there is minimal instruction and/or detail.
- Ability to document steps taken throughout a project.
- Ability to work efficiently in Windows-based computer
applications (esp. Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook).
- Ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. plus overtime as
needed, and maintain an acceptable level of attendance and
- Knowledge of, and experience with, corporate governance,
employment contracts, and intellectual property law preferred.
- Previous experience with e-filing with state and federal
- Knowledge of, and experience using, multi-line telephone
systems, transferring calls, and voicemail preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, sending packages via USPS,
certified mail, and FedEx preferred.
Keywords: Specialists Group LLC, The, Wichita , LEGAL ASSISTANT, Legal , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!