Early Childhood Educator
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: October 18, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for developing, organizing and
implementing a developmentally based, instructional educational
program for an assigned age group in a clean and safe learning
environment. Will ensure that the curriculum meets the emotional,
physical, cognitive, and social needs of both the individual child
and the group. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Develop age appropriate curriculum and lesson plans for the
purpose or presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts relative
to the childrens needs.
- Plan, prepare and implement daily activities, both indoor and
outdoor, as they relate to the curriculum (e.g. games, art, music,
science, language, nutrition, playground, washing hands,
- Interact daily with the children, providing a positive
environment and encouraging their involvement in activities.
- Model positive and effective adult/child behaviors (e.g.
classroom, with parents, etc.) in all activities, contributing to
the emotional, intellectual and social development of children and
improving the quality of outcomes.
- Remain knowledgeable about each childs medical and
developmental history; maintain ongoing progress and developmental
- Assist in preparation of nutritional snacks and lunches that
comply with established KDHE guidelines and meet the nutritional
needs of the children.
- Conduct daily health checks and visually monitor individual
and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. snack and
lunch time, group or individual games, playground activities, quiet
time, field trips, classroom, play time, etc.), ensuring that
environment is clean, safe and free of hazards.
- Interact and communicate cooperatively and effectively with
staff members, teachers, parents, and students. Maintain good
communication with parents on a daily basis through the use of
daily notes as well as face-to-face interaction.
- Report any observances of problems with children to Director of
Early Childhood and Development Center.
- Provide supervision over toileting/bathroom time, and
mealtime/snack time activities. Flexibility to perform other duties
as assignedQualifications JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a preschool or childcare
setting preferred. Knowledge/Skills:
- Working knowledge and understanding of early childhood
development and education desired.
- Desire to learn and understand the needs of pre-school age
children who have visual impairments or other disabilities.
- Sincere desire to help children learn, grow and gain new
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and include
them in their childs learning process.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm
- Willingness to work in a team environment; be willing to share
ideas and be open to others ideas; be flexible and willing to
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required within 30 days of
- CDA (Child Development Associate) certification, or a degree
from an accredited university or college in a related field,
- KDHE Program Director license preferred. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising:
_0__ Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one) Can be performed with or
without assistive technology: ___ Required to perform activities
such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer
screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using
measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery
and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing
non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of
others, or facilities or structures. Requires normal (or corrected
to normal) vision/acuity: ___ Required to operate motor vehicles
and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts. COMMENTS Envision, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender
identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin,
ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic
characteristics and genetic information, and any other status
protected by law. Envision employs and advances in employment
individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified
individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical
or mental disability or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This position description is intended to
convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive
listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Early Childhood Educator, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!