Medical Librarian (PRN)
Posted on: June 11, 2021
We Are Hiring:
At Ascension, we believe our
people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support
a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant
professional opportunities, career advancement, and
Ascension is seeking a Medical
Librarian to support our team onsite @ Via Christi Health
in Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do:
As an Associate with Ascension, you will
have the opportunity to provide support and assistance to all
seeking health information and documentation.
What You Will Need:
- Provides assistance in computer searches, inter-library loans,
cataloging, circulation, reference, acquisitions, and system
development and maintenance.
- Provides reference, research, and document delivery services to
support information needs of patrons.
- Provides technical and operational support for electronic
- Plans and proposes goals and objectives for the future of
Library Information Services including resource acquisition.
- Offers library instruction and education programs for library
- Administers and maintains library collection including books,
journals, reports and bibliographic tools to ensure an adequate and
up-to-date collection that meets the educational and
research-related needs of students and college personnel within an
- Interacts with Library staff to develop and manage additional
- May provide leadership and direction to library
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Master's degree in Library Science is highly desired
Why Join Our Team:
- Experience providing medical library services within hospitals,
clinics and/or professional offices preferred.
- Extensive experience with circulation and research background
When you join Ascension, you join a team of
over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission
of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to
all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career
coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and
tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path.
In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity
employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Wichita , Medical Librarian (PRN), Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!