Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA
Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose
and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a
Medical Records Representative today with Surgicare Wichita.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Surgicare Wichita, we offer eligible colleagues an
attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental
and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a Medical Records Representative. We care
for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our
colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Records Representative, you will contribute to the
company's mission, vision, and values by maintaining the facility's
medical records in a complete and accurate manner. You will work
under direction of the Business Office Manager/Business Office
Supervisor. Duties include Registration.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform collection, processing, filing and maintenance
of medical records
- You will arrange all chart forms and correspondence reports
(e.g., operative, lab, electrocardiogram, x-ray, pathology, etc.)
in appropriate order
- You are responsible for adhering to medico-legal requirements
when answering correspondence and inquiries
- You will obtain all missing chart contents needed to complete
- You will uphold a checkout and return system for medical
records while maintaining confidentiality and security of the
- You are responsible for the arrangement of a safe off-site for
the storage of microfilming
- You will serve as a liaison between your surgery center and the
Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting
highly preferred (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital,
Surgicare of Wichita is located in Wichita, Kansas. We serve the
communities of south central Kansas. Our center performs over 700
procedures a month. Services in gastroenterology, gynecology,
ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, ENT, plastics, podiatry and
urology procedures. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory
Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are
committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical
Records Representative opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.