Position Title: Service Technician, Seneca Companies
What we need:
Seneca Companies is currently seeking service technicians to
work within our Hays, Kasas office. This is a unique opportunity to
be a part of a growing area within our family owned and operated
business directly supporting the organizations where you may
purchase your fuel.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a strong work ethic with a positive mindset?
- Are you looking for something where you can build a long-term
- Would you enjoy traveling from site to site repairing
- Do you enjoy being outside?
- Do you like working on computers or repairing your own
- Do you want to a career where every day is different and will
require you to think out of the box?
- Troubleshoots, performs repairs and preventative maintenance to
- Monitors and is accountable for accuracy of parts inventory on
service van including, but not limited to, transfers of parts to
appropriate jobs and other service techs as applicable as well as
returns to warehouse facilities.
- Analyzes electronic and mechanical problems and provide repairs
- Installs, programs and tests new equipment.
- Communicate with customers and explain technical issues to
- Present yourself professionally as a representative of Seneca
Companies and be prompt when making service calls.
What you need to have:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of experience working in service station or fueling
equipment repair or similar field.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnights.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment and machines as
- Electrical Knowledge and excellent mechanical abilities.
Really catch our eye with:
- Certifications in Gilbarco, Wayne, or Gasboy or Bennett
- Additional certifications in Veeder-Root, EVO, Gasboy or
- State Licensed petroleum installer license.
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits
package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and
helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our
employees the opportunity to plan for a strong financial future
well beyond their working years. We provide Service vans for our
technicians to start their day from home and cover your travel
expenses. We provide our employees with the tools needed to succeed
through training and development as well as the physical tools
needed to do their job safely.
Seneca Companies pays for all training, professional licenses,
and factory certifications. This extreme stance on training is
necessary due to the technological complexities of the job. It also
serves to make our employees extremely desired and acts as a way
for us to show our appreciation for them. Service Technicians at
- Complete industry-recognized Service Technician training
developed by the company.
- Complete OSHA-compliant safety training that is recognized by
- Complete and maintain factory certifications recognized
throughout the retail fuel industry.
- Maintain state-issued licenses that are honored by all retail
fueling organizations and government regulators.
- Have access to over 3,200 computer-based professional
development courses provided to employees free of charge.
- Can be reimbursed for secondary education at accredited
educational providers and vocational training in addition to
required job training.
About Seneca Companies:
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to
providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related
services including: Fuel Systems, General Contracting,
Environmental Services, Waste Solutions Services, Energy Solutions
and Automotive & Commercial Equipment. With a corporate office in
Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in eight different
branch offices spanning a service area of over eighteen states.
Seneca Companies is committed to providing an equal employment
opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the
only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment
decisions at the Seneca Companies, including those relating to
hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and
placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry,
national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics,
religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S.
military status, political affiliation, or any other class
protected by state and/or federal law.