Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Title: Technician
Reports to: Technical Supervisor
Shift: Nights (5:45pm to 6am - 3on,2off,2on,3off rotating
Location: Winfield KS
The Process Technician monitors, troubleshoots and makes minor
repairs on plastic or foam forming machines and auxiliary
equipment. They diagnose and make process changes necessary to keep
product in specification and ensure quality product is being
produced in a safe and efficient manner.
- Startup/lineout machines and perform appropriate "First Part"
activities for all mold changes, color changes, and job changes
including appropriate paperwork and quality checks.
- Troubleshoot molding, quality, or mechanical issues to assure
parts are manufactured to correct quality specifications, at
correct cycle times, and labor contents.
- Perform preventative maintenance on molds including scheduled
(daily or each shift) "in-press" mold cleaning and
- Identify, tag, report, and communicate issues with molds,
machines, and auxiliary equipment that do not meet efficiency,
quality, or housekeeping requirements/expectations.
- Provide recommendations, solutions, and implement processes for
- Complete all required documentation to record process changes,
quality issues, downtime, lineout/startup times, on corresponding
forms, technical reports, etc.
- Perform mold changes and auxiliary equipment for related
equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proficient in all safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Maintain team oriented mindset and assignment flexibility with
an approachable attitude.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of one-year stable and verifiable work history
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess good communication skills to ensure that clear and
concise information is communicated as required.
- Must be able to read and interpret equipment manuals, document
and implement work orders to perform required maintenance and
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to become certified on operating forklift, scissor
lift snorkel lift and overhead crane.
- Technical/mechanical aptitude
- Experience or knowledge in any technical trade, examples are
automotive, maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Wichita , Technician, Other , Winfield, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!